yoongi - request (pt 1)

THE BANGTAN BUNCH

having a big family can be hard but imagine living with seven boys, all of which take their role as your brother very seriously...welcome to the bangtan bunch; requested by @army_pidge

NO SECRETS; YOONGI

The sun begins to dip below the horizon by the time Yoongi pulls into the driveway of a small house that sits on the edge of a quiet street, the white hues of his car lights illuminating the building so that it glows a soft blue instead of its usual cerulean blue.

Despite the fatigue that pulls his limbs down and stings at his eyes, he wears a smile for he knows that behind that door will be the girl that has done nothing but bring him joy since the day she was born.

Only he realises that that same girl may be slightly annoyed now considering she's been stuck at home for hours with none of her seven brothers there to keep her company. Luckily enough, Yoongi was the only one that hadn't made plans for tonight so he's hoping that having you all to himself will have its benefits.

Sighing, he grabs the bag of take-out he bought on the way home and locks the car, jogging up to the door with a soft smile.

It's not long before he's embraced with the warmth of the house as he glides into the kitchen and drops the food onto the counter with yet another sigh, groaning as he stretches his tired arms over his head.

"Y/N," he calls as he slips his jacket off his shoulders, tossing it towards the coat rack in hopes that it lands on one of the hooks, his feet sore as he drags himself into the living room.

Eventually, you emerge from the depths of your room with your glasses perched on top of your head and with one of Namjoon's old sweaters falling to your knees. He clicks his tongue and opens his arms out invitingly, unable to help the grin that blooms on his face when you walk towards him with no complaint and wrap your arms around his waist.

"How long have you been home?" he asks curiously, patting the top of your head affectionately.

"A few hours," you reply swiftly, lifting your head up so that your chin rests on his chest and your eyes meet his.

"Have you eaten?" he hums, looking over to see the kitchen as tidy as it was when he left this morning.

"No but Jimin dropped off rice cakes before he went to dance practice with Hobi," you explain, motioning towards the bag of small containers that sits on the coffee table behind you. Yoongi nods, rubbing his hands across the skin on your arms before pulling away from you to study your expression.

He frowns.

"You okay?" he murmurs, noticing the way your energy isn't as apparent as it usually is. In fact, it's barely there. Your skin is paler than it usually is and your eyes are tinged with a soft shade of red that bleeds onto your cheeks and nose. His brotherly instincts kick in as he cups your cheeks, running his thumbs over faded tears tracks as his gaze gets more intense with every tendril of concern that grows. "You were crying."

It's not a question and, from that alone, you know you're not getting out of this conversation with him so you shy away from his touch, dropping your own gaze down to the socks you stole off Taehyung.

"What happened?" he asks sternly, folding his arms across his chest.

"It's nothing," you lie through your teeth, attempting to make a run for it but Yoongi knows you too well, his hand darting out to latch onto the back of your shirt, pulling you back until you're facing him once again.

"What happened to no secrets, huh?" he asks accusingly, going back to the promise the eight of you made with each other when you were 10. It sucks how each of them use it against you in every conversation because they know that it works but when it doesn't—which only happens a few times, like this moment now—they resort to more punishment based tactics.

"Tell me now or I'll make you drink one of Kook's energy drinks," he deadpans, fighting back a smirk when you jolt with a grimace at the thought of having to swallow down the disgusting spinach and kale concoction the youngest of your brothers keeps in the back of the fridge.

Your shoulders droop as a sign of your silent surrender, knuckles turning white as you pull your glasses out of your hair and toss them onto the couch. "Sungjae dumped me."

"What?" Yoongi gasps, stuttering to try and find a way to sort out his thoughts but you beat him to it with an eye roll.

"My. Boyfriend. Dumped. Me," you sigh, scrubbing a hand down your face in disappointment and regret. Yoongi stares blankly at you, blinking slowly as he tries to figure out what he should do. He's never been the one you go to for things like this but, little does he know, you're glad that it's him you're home with.

Something about his bluntness and inability to sugar coat things seems comforting now.

"Okay," he finally mutters, that single word laced with so much caution that it makes you wince as you look up at him with wide eyes.

"Sorry, I'm just frustrated that it ended so quickly, you know?" you explain, scratching the back of your head like Jimin does when he's angered by something, Yoongi's hand quick to reach out and pull yours down.

He then gives your hair a good ruffle, smiling sweetly down at you. "I get it, don't worry. So, why'd he break up with you?"

You roll your eyes and puff out your cheeks. "He said that he had lost feelings for me and tried to get them back but nothing was working. He didn't think that he could force himself to love me anymore. "

"That's only natural," Yoongi explains, keeping his hand pressed against your head. "Feelings change and that isn't anyone's fault, is it? You just need to realise that maybe this has happened for a reason so that someone who will love you a lot more than Sungjae can come in and give you all that you deserve."

"It just sucks," you scoff despite Yoongi's words making your heart ache and swell.

"Well, it's his loss, isn't it?" he shrugs, chuckling as you burst into a fit of giggles and bring him in for another hug, humming when he kisses the top of your head swiftly. "Better?"

You nod as he roughly pats your back and lets you go. "Good. Now, go get the food ready. I'll wash up and join you in a few minutes."