BTS - request

STREAM DYNAMITE 🤧🤧 THE SOTY

THE NEW YOU

- in which the boys find out that their shy high school friend is part of the debuting girl group; requested by @-maagnuschase

All is quiet in the dance studio as seven men lay sprawled out across the floor, their chests rising and falling rapidly while their hair stays plastered to their damp-with-sweat foreheads. The smell of fresh takeout circulates the room steadily, making each boy's mouth water as they quickly but quietly distribute the food and begin to enjoy it.

These breaks in between dance rehearsals are one of the only times where the group is this silent; the members either too tired to say a word or too busy enjoying their food to remember to engage in conversation so, instead, the members busy themselves on their phones like Jungkook does the minute he shoves his last piece of fried chicken into his mouth.

He shifts himself so that he's laying on his side, adjusting his head on Hoseok's thigh in the process, the older male giving him a quick ruffle of the hair before returning to his food. Jungkook smiles at the gesture then directs his focus onto his phone where his Twitter feed is filled with the support and love from ARMY around the world.

It doesn't take him long to become invested in just scrolling and reading what everyone is saying whether it be good or bad; however, he is unsure of what to think when he stumbles across a post from another entertainment company.

The caption of the post is a mere emoji tulip and underneath it is a poster for what he thinks to be a new album. Now curious, Jungkook sits himself up with a grunt and clicks on the post, surprised when he realises that he can't recognise the group so he decides to visit the company's Twitter page and find out more.

The most recent posts are of profile's for the memberr's a new girl group, Jungkook realising that the poster must be for their debut album. He slowly reads through the profiles until he reaches one that tugs at a familiar heartstring, his eyebrows drawing together as he tries to his brain to figure out where he's seen this girl before.

Even her name is familiar to him.

Giving up, he decides to turn to his hyungs, shuffling himself so that he's in the middle of the group's scattered huddle, much to Hoseok's confusion.

"Hyungs," he calls out, wincing at the way his voice seems louder than it probably is as he shatters the tranquil silence of the studio. Thankfully, no-one appears to be frustrated by the interruption as they all turn to look at him kind smiles and eyes that swim with curiosity.

"A new girl group from XO entertainment is debuting in a few weeks and everyone seems to like them so far," he explains with an excited shake of the free hand that he has balled into a fist. The members all hum out general messages of support and wishes for a successful career, as they always do upon news of a new group, as Jungkook begins to get impatient waiting for his turn to speak again.

Finally, the chatter dims down to a quiet enough point where Jungkook can begin again.

"Actually, I wanted to tell you all this because one of the girls in the group seems familiar to me but I can't tell where I've seen her before," he drawls, dragging his last few words out into a pouted whine as he turns his phone screen to the group, allowing them to get a better look at the photo. "See?"

"Is that...?" Taehyung mutters in awe, turning to face Jin, who mirrors his expression, eagerly.

"It can't be her," Jin mumbles in uncertainty, his voice wavering in a way that tells everyone listening that it is her.