yoongi - request

DADDY & DAUGHTER DAY

- in which yoongi's ex-wife drops off their daughter for him to spend time with, leaving him both confused and unsure of how to bond with the young girl until an idea from his bandmate leads to the father and daughter becoming closer than ever before; requested by @Zexalgirl52

Yoongi's nose tickles with each drop of sweat that falls from his long strands of ebony hair, his breathing laboured as he pushes the door to BigHit's studio building open with a grunt. It's been a rough day, but that's nothing new to him. In fact, he can barely even tell anymore, all of his days working himself to the bone in the dance studio blurring into one another.

It's odd how his only coping strategy to losing the love of his life is to numb himself with his work. Ironically enough, it's the very same thing that led to him losing you, only this time he can't feel his soul slowly setting itself on fire with each day that passes.

At least the physical pain that comes with endless hours of rehearsal overpowers the slow and throbbing pain of his heart slowly shattering within him.

He grips onto the grey wall with an unsteady hand, taking in slow and uneven breaths in hopes of it soothing his racing heart, the sound of his own inhales drowning out that of his manager trailing out of the elevator just in front of him.

Wearing as welcoming of a smile as he can muster, Yoongi straightens as his manager greets him with a clap to the back, seemingly unaware of the way the younger winces at the contact. "Yoongi-ah, there's someone in your studio. Says it's urgent."

"Thanks," Yoongi grumbles as his manager wanders off to the door, leaving the man to ponder on who could possibly be up in his studio at this odd hour in the afternoon. With a weary sigh, he keeps his thoughts present in his mind, a new one popping up with each step he takes towards the elevator's slowly closing doors.

Once inside, he takes a much needed deep breath, finding the way the stale air inflates his lungs oddly refreshing as he presses the button to the fourth floor, resting his head lethargically against the cool wall. Like a wave crashing into one's back, Yoongi's mind is immediately flooded with memories of the very first time he brought you here.

It was a year before the two of you split and a few months into your pregnancy. Yoongi was still on cloud nine with the news, he remembers, so much so that he wished to show you just how eager he was to be a father to his little girl or boy.

"Am I even allowed in here?" you fret as he ushers you into the elevator with a deep chuckle, his hand still clasped around yours securely even when the doors slide closed.

"Of course, sweetie," he reassures with a little puff of air, lowering his head to peck your soft cheek a few times, watching in utter adoration as your lips stretch themselves out into a shy grin. "You're with me so they have no choice but to let you stay."

You laugh almost mockingly, pulling at his arms so that he stands before you, caging you against the wall in a way that causes his eyebrows to rise in amusement. "Is that so?" you drawl with a low hum.

"If you haven't already noticed," he sassily mutters with an exaggerated eye roll, "I'm kind of a big deal." His statement draws another laugh out of you—the sound quite close to what he would describe as heavenly—your hands flattening against his chest affectionately. With a fond smile that he's noticed is always reserved for you, he picks up the hand which proudly wears your wedding ring from his chest and guides it to his lips, kissing your smooth skin tenderly while his free hand slips down to flatten against your growing bump.

"I have a surprise for you—both of you, actually. That's why I brought you here," he admits softly, watching as your honey eyes widen ever so slightly before you reach up to kiss his parted, full lips, his hands slipping to your waist instinctively. The two of you pull apart, cheeks flushed a baby pink, and you breathe in content, "Min Yoongi, I love you more with every day that passes, you know that?"