jimin - request

IRL

- in which jimin finds it hard to get close to you in person; sequel to JIMIN_PARK IS TYPING requested by @bangbangtan_57 and @Jibootyexist

Jimin, after months of waiting, is finally sitting across from you, his mere being everything you could've imagined and more.

His gorgeously soft looking locks are tousled charmingly upon his head while his eyes twinkle with youth and sincerity, tiny flecks of honey melting into the warmth of his brown orbs. His pretty lips are plump and the colour of the palest of rose petals, the pair of them looking incredibly enticing as he bites onto his bottom lip. His features are defined prominently, giving the boy a very sharp attractiveness; however, his cheeks remain full, removing any chance of finding him intimidating upon glancing at him for the first time and replacing it within an instant need to keep staring at him.

Which you do considering not a single word has been shared between the two of you since you ordered your meals.

Twirling a strand of hair around your finger, your gaze subconsciously drifts to a couple sitting together in the booth just in front of you, your lips curling into a smile of longing as you watch their hands intertwine over the table. In fact, the whole restaurant appears to be filled with young couples, the atmosphere of the place warm and loving in the most wonderful of ways.

Suddenly feeling rather awkward just staring at them all, you clear your throat and straighten your posture, offering Jimin a look of contentment when he glances at you in slight worry. He returns your look with one of relief, his eyes folding into adorable crescent moons, your heart clenching in your chest at the sight.

Still, no-one says a word, even when the waitress slides two plates of the most delicious looking food onto your table, casting you a look of sympathetic pity before she leaves.

You grumble under your breath as Jimin immediately digs in, keeping his eyes low and attention onto his food, leaving you to ponder on whether this was all some big mistake. Hell, you could get up and leave right now and he probably wouldn't notice until he's finished with his food and has to look up.

You're quick to dismiss those negatively doubtful thoughts floating around in your mind upon spotting the way Jimin's hands have been shaking for the past five minutes and how he's been nibbling on his bottom lip so much that you're sure he's drawn blood.

He's nervous, just as you are.

Fondly shaking your head, you guide a forkful of food into your mouth, chewing slowly before moaning softly at the taste just as another shiver inducing reminder of how awkward it is between the two of you ripples through you. You then sigh in frustration and put your fork to the side, lips jutting out in a pout.

Jimin pauses from his eating at the sound, looking up at you with a quirked eyebrow, your cheeks flushing at the sudden attention. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, not at all," you nervously chuckle, flashing him a sheepish grin as he, too, stops eating completely to stare at you, looking in disbelief of your answer. You roll your eyes. "Okay, fine. You're just a little quieter than I thought you would be."

A rosy red bleeds onto his cheeks as you giggle at the sight, watching as he scratches his head with the sheepishness you had before.

"Sorry," he mumbles, "I'm just really nervous. I don't want to say the wrong thing and scare you off."

"Don't worry," you giggle with a dismissive wave of your hand, flattening down the front of your shirt in hopes of drawing his attention to it to fish out some compliments. Clearly, you spent way too long stressing over your outfit for it to go completely unnoticed. "I'm really nervous too. Anyway, how has your day been so far?"