namjoon - request (pt 2)

THE BANGTAN BRUNCH

PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP; NAMJOON

You swing your backpack over your shoulder with an annoyed huff, ignoring the searing ache of your feet and the melting heat of the thick air that clings to your skin as you jog towards the automatic doors of a building that overlooks the bustling city of Seoul.

A pudgy little man looks up from his spot behind the tall desk, his deadpan expression morphing into one of pleasant surprise as he greets you with a cheerful tone of voice that has you slowing down from your adrenaline-fueled rush. "Why, good afternoon, Miss Y/N. What brings you here?"

"Good afternoon to you too, Jaesuk-ah," you beam despite the urgency of why you're here blaring in your mind like an alarm that just won't shut up, calmly using informality with him after he gave you permission to do so the day you had first met him. "I'm just here to see my brother. He's in his office, yeah?"

"Last I checked, he was," Jaesuk jokes, shaking his head fondly. "He works hard, your brother. He's been up there since early this morning so when you go up, check if he's eaten anything, okay?"

Your hands tighten on the straps of your backpack as you pray that the dinner Jin made back home hasn't been ruined because of your careless rushing to get here. "Of course. I'll head up now then!"

"Bye, kid," Jaesuk chirps, returning his attention to his computer as if he's working but you know very well that your friend is probably in the middle of a very serious game of solitaire. With a fond roll of your eyes, you skip towards the elevator, tapping your foot impatiently as you await its arrival.

The halls of this building have always been confusing for you and, more often than not, you end up getting yourself lost but this time, you don't dawdle, chanting the directions in your head so that you can't possibly get distracted by anything else.

Thankfully, your strange tactic seems to work and you find yourself standing in front of a cream door, debating on whether or not it would be wise for you to knock. You never used to before but Jaesuk did say that your brother had been busy up here all day so barging in may bother him.

Biting onto your lip, you open the door, not expecting it to slam against the potted plant that sits on the inside, your hands reflexively flying to cover your ears as the noise echoes in the room.

Namjoon flicks his focused gaze up to meet yours, his hand pausing in between strands of his soft purple hair, sending a shiver of fear down your spine as you hesitantly close the door behind you, registering the fact that he now stares at you in confusion.

"Sorry to bother you, Joonie," you sheepishly apologise, bowing your head ever so slightly, "but I need your help."

"With what?" he mumbles, sounding cold despite wearing an expecting expression. Your heart sinks as you tuck your hair behind your ears.

"I have a maths final coming up and I need your help studying," you mutter in embarrassment, already contemplating on what would happen if you just leave but Namjoon simply flashes you a toothy grin, waving you over as his dimples deepen endearingly.

Relief washes over you much like the water from a cold shower would as you stomp over to the cushioned chair in front of his desk, plopping down onto it with an exaggerated groan, eliciting a fond chuckle out of Namjoon. "Please help me, Joonie!"

He pushes himself away from his computer with a sigh, a sign that his attention is all on you but, instead of relishing in the way Namjoon literally shoves his work aside for you, you can't help noticing the darkened circles underneath his eyes.

"What about the guys at home? Can't they help you?" he questions in confusion, his usually thin lips pushed out into an innocent pout as he tilts his head sweetly.

"They're all busy," you explain, pulling at a loose thread on the armrest of the chair, "so Jin oppa told me to come see you."

"Jin asked you to come see me," Namjoon sounds out, looking more perplexed with every word that comes out of his mouth, "while I'm at work which is a whole forty minutes away from home?"

You nod and then understand where he's coming from. It's ridiculous that you had run yourself all the way to Namjoon's office when you could've just waited for him to come home but, in that moment when you were seeking help, Namjoon was really the only person you wanted to go to.

"Sorry, Joonie," you apologise, standing with a start as you grab onto your bag from the floor, "I'll wait for you at home and then you can help me."

"I'm going to finish late though, bun," Namjoon mutters in an apologetic tone that matches your own, his fingers tapping against the table rhythmically.

"Oh," you exhale, scratching the back of your head, "what do I do then?"

"I don't know, sweetie," he shrugs, rolling his sleeves up, "I'm sorry."

"Please help me, Joon," you whine, cutely stomping your feet while giving him a deadly dose of your puppy eyes, courtesy of Jimin considering he spent hours teaching you how to do so.

"Bun," he warns, his features softening ever so slightly.

"Pretty please with a cherry on top," you sing, batting your eyes at him with a pout. Finally, he gives in with a soft laugh, patting the space next to him at his desk. You pull the chair up to him with a grunt, happily pulling out your books to spread them out onto the very little space left on his desk.

"Do you have a lot of work left?" you ask worriedly.

"You're very lucky," Namjoon grins, tapping your nose. "I'm nearly done so let me just explain this to you."

He goes through a formula that you're struggling with, asking you to work on a few equations and to call him if you need any extra help before typing away at his keyboard.

Hours pass before Namjoon notices the lack of light in his office, a quick glance at his clock telling him that it's well after the time he was supposed to head home. Rubbing at his eyes, he also notices how quiet his office has been. Now terribly confused, he looks to where you were working diligently a few hours before to see you passed out on the table.

Cooing softly to himself, he brushes the hair out of your eyes ever so gently, leaning forward to press a lingering kiss to your head. Continuing to drag his fingers through your soft hair, he works fast to finish up quickly. "Sleep well, little one. We'll go home soon."