yoongi - request

COUNT THE STARS

- in which the stars have been the only ones to hear about yoongi's undying love for his best friend until, one night, she decides to join him; requested by @guccilulz

Yoongi leans against the plaster wall, tapping his foot against the polished floor to a beat he heard on the way to your dorm building, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose with a soft sigh of impatience.

It's a miracle that he hasn't yet ruined the perfect placement of his hair with his painfully annoying habit of running his fingers through his locks until they tangle like webs on top of his head.

Closing his eyes to block out the ever-so blinding rays of sun that cascade upon him, he attempts to conjure up a believable excuse as to why he's late to class yet again but it's almost impossible to do so when he's used up pretty much every excuse in the book.

Although, it's not like he's left with much choice.

He knows very well that the reason why he's always late is not because he's tardy—Yoongi, in fact, prides himself on his need to always be on time. It's because he stands just outside his best friend's door, waiting for her to finish getting ready so that they can walk to college together all while leaving her oblivious to the fact that Yoongi's class starts before hers.

The boy could make this a lot easier on himself by just telling her that he has to go earlier but he treasures those walks more than anything else and he knows how much of a hassle it would be to get her to wake up early so that they can still go together.

That's how good of a best friend he is.

Finally, the door creaks open as you slip out, hands clumsy as you attempt to tie the bottom of your shirt into a knot. "Sorry, Yoongi! I lost track of time, sorry."

He can't help but chuckle in amusement when you successfully tie your shirt up with a squeal, casually looping his arm through yours so that can he lead you towards the street, his thoughts pulling him away from your outlandish tale about how a shopping mix-up led to you having to eat bran instead of your usual chocolate puffs.

The two of you were still in diapers when your parents happened to meet. From there, it was only natural for the two of you to become close. The pair of you have been inseparable ever since. Even in school, he was always in the same class as you and the both of you managed to apply to the same college without realising it.

However, it was around a few years ago when Yoongi realised that perhaps his feelings for you were not as platonic as he had assumed them to be.

A lazy day, he remembers it as, one where the leaves seemed to fall to the ground in a lulling motion, guided by the smooth waves of the breeze and the sun's glow wasn't as harsh as it should have been, leaving his skin feeling warm as it was caressed by the dimmed rays.

You were laying on his chest with the sun kissing at your cheeks and giving your eyes that honey glow that leaves him breathless, body perpendicular to his as you read through a book while he listened to music. He doesn't know when but his gaze had slowly drifted to you as if drawn in by the peace your presence brought him. It blew him away when he realised that the feeling of his heart hammering in his chest so hard that it might shatter if it kept going felt right when looking at you.

Hell, everything felt right when he looked at you.

He didn't even hesitate to bolt up to the roof of the building when you left, desperate to see more of you as if the entirety of his life hadn't been enough for him. He spoke softly as you disappeared into the shadows, grateful for the listening ears the stars leant him.