jimin - request

JIMIN_PARK IS TYPING

- in which one message becomes the start of your fated love story with a boy who has no meaning towards the concept of love; requested by @JadeSRG310

ji eun
hmm you had to be there, it was so romantic

y/n
i bet it was

y/n
i'm so happy for you

The guilt of lying to your best friend isn't as strong as it was a few months ago; the usual aching of your chest and worry eating away at all your thoughts now an insignificant throb in the back of your mind.

Now, you're not saying that you're not happy for her. In fact, you couldn't be happier for Ji Eun and just how successful her life has turned out to be. It's just that you don't need to hear every single second of it.

At this point, you're unsure of whether to call it over sharing or bragging.

Her newest topic of discussion is her boyfriend, Taehyung, and how she's so sure he's the one even though they've only been dating for a few months. Taehyung is a close friend of yours so you know exactly why she feels that way and, although you've stressed that point to her numerous times, she still finds it necessary that you know every detail.

ji eun
hey, i'm sorry

y/n
what for?

ji eun
i just feel bad for always talking about my relationship

y/n
no, don't be!

y/n
i'm totally fine with it :)

There you go again with the lying, the bad habit deciding to firmly stick itself to you. In actuality, you've got a pot of vile envy boiling inside you, it getting harder and harder to control with every day that passes.

Holding a relationship has never really been on your list of skills, your rather long list of failed relationships constantly taunting you with this shameful fact. Even so, you've never dared admit to anyone that you've got a terrible pit of loneliness growing alongside your envy; the ridiculous amount of sadness within it enough to make you spend countless hours crying into your pillow like a child.

ji eun
are you actually looking for a relationship??

y/n
uhhh i'd love to say yes

ji eun
but?

y/n
but with uni and work, i just haven't found the time to make connections with anyone

ji eun
i think we both know someone who can help

You furrow your brows together, feeling uneasy as the three bubbles that signify her typing pop up onto the screen while your thoughts take you back to the terrible blind dates she had set you up on way back when you had the energy to try a few.

A shudder courses through you as her message finally pops up.

ji eun
so, you should probably know this, but tae had a whole group of friends when he was in high school

ji eun
and he's still really close with some of them!

ji eun
if you want, i can ask him to message a few and see if they're available

You scoff as your cheeks heat up at the mere thought of how embarrassing it would be to have your best friend's boyfriend try and set you up with a boyfriend.