namjoon - request

THAT BASTARD

- in which a run-in with your friend's intimidating brother leaves you with tears burning in your eyes but, luckily for you, you have a brother of your own and he hates it when people mess with his sister; requested by @roundroti

Rhythmically, you beat the side of your spiralled notebook with a pen, the timing of your taps somehow falling in line with the words your best friend, Yuki, reads out from a notebook of her own. You follow along as closely as you can, pen at the ready to make notes of anything that needs to be tweaked in whatever Yuki reads out.

Normally, you'd pass off something like this with a simple look over but, with it being the plan to your big cooking assignment, you know that paying attention is key to ensuring that everything is as perfect as it can be. After all, it only took the two of you the entire afternoon to design something that fits the assignment brief and will satisfy your teacher's rather picky palate.

Finishing up smoothly, Yuki looks towards you expectantly, her hazel eyes widened adorably when you flick your own eyes up to meet hers. You can't help but crack out a lopsided grin, the relief bubbling in your chest seemingly infectious as she sighs and throws her head back as if the weight of the world had just been lifted off of her petite shoulders.

"I think our butterscotch pudding is bound to get us a good grade," you exclaim gleefully with a giggle as she swipes her phone off of her bedside table, her smile just as broad as your own.

Glancing down at her screen as you fiddle with the cap of your pen, she mindlessly lets her smile slip into one of relaxation as she flicks her gaze back to yours casually, "Well, we've got enough time left to practice making it before you have to leave. That way, we can work on tweaking stuff before we actually have to make it in class."

"You're a genius," you praise dramatically, carefully packing up your belongings as she chuckles at your light-hearted mocking, pushing herself off the bed to wait for you at the door of her bedroom. Speeding up by a fraction, you tuck everything neatly beside hers and rush over to loop your arm through hers and descend the spiralling stairs.

Yuki's kitchen is as big as one would expect of someone who's parents are both successful lawyers; the size of it being almost equivalent to that of a bedroom. The cupboards are stacked high and coloured a beautiful golden brown while the countertops are a pale marble, perfectly matching the simplistic design of the rest of the house.

You've always envied Yuki for being able to live in a house of this magnificence but, considering you're allowed over whenever you want, it's almost like you live there yourself.

Carefully, Yuki begins sifting through the contents of her pantry, humming a song that she's been raving about for the past few weeks under her breath and she lines up a bunch of ingredients on the counter beside you as you search for the equipment you need.

Eventually, she lets out a throaty groan, dropping her hand flat against the counter with a thud, startling you.

"What's wrong?" you ask curiously, peeking over her shoulder to see everything in the cupboard she has opened set out nicely, looking exactly the same as it had when she opened it.

"We don't have golden syrup," she sighs in disappointment, her glossed lips pushed out into a pout. You notice that you too have disappointment weighing down on your shoulders but the pressure lifts when she shrugs at you with a small smile of indifference, "It's okay, I'll just go and grab some from the store and we can make it when you come over next week."

You hum in agreement, pressing a hand against your stomach just as it decides to protest the decision, grumbling loudly like a child being told that they can't have candy. Sheepishly, you look towards her as she snatches her house keys from the bowl, "I'll make some cookies while you're gone then."