jimin - request (pt 3)

THE BANGTAN BUNCH

FLAKER; JIMIN

Jimin doesn't bother knocking—he never does—but this time, his excitement gets the better of him and the door slams back against your wall the very minute he bursts through it. You, while used to this behaviour, are startled by the echoing noise, your phone falling flat on your face as you grunt from the impact.

Jimin watches you sheepishly with a wince as you sit up with a scowl etched onto your face jarringly.

"What's up?" you eventually sigh, rubbing at your throbbing nose with your thumb as he plops down on the edge of your bed, folding his legs up endearingly.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner with me," he reveals, folding his hands together in front of him as his eyes widen innocently, luring you in with his childish charms.

"Dinner?" you hum, feigning indifference as he blinks incredulously at you. However, this behaviour of yours is something he's used to so, eventually, his features soften as he rolls his eyes.

"I'll pay for it, don't worry," he sings, flashing you a sarcastic smile that makes the corners of your lips quirk up. Without so much as a second of hesitation, you clap your hands together in excitement and nod eagerly at him.

"Dinner sounds great," you chirp with a beaming smile, satisfied with the outcome of this conversation. He chuckles fondly, thrusting his hand forward to ruffle your nest of hair teasingly.

"Tomorrow at 7," he instructs as he pushes himself off your bed to make a start to the door, "meet me at that lamb skewer restaurant Jungkook took us to last week and, if you're on time, we can go to a movie after."

And with a cheesy wink, he leaves, closing the door softly behind him.

Your smile stays present as you throw yourself back down onto your bed, picking your phone up along the way just as it vibrates against your palm. Curious, you find yourself staring at a notification from your best friend, Hira. Despite feeling joyed by the fact that she messaged you, you can't help the frown that erases your smile as if it were never there in the first place.

Just last week, Hira's dad received a promotion that would require him to move all the way over to the States. The date for their move is undetermined but your heart aches everytime you think about losing her. She's always been by your side through everything and it just sucks that, now, the only way that you may be able to reach her is through your phone.

Even then, your bond is bound to weaken with every day that passes.

Biting onto your lip, you slide open the message, your eyes widening as you reread her words over and over again, praying that you're only seeing things as your heart shatters into sharp fragments within you.

The dates have been decided, we're leaving tomorrow night.

Your first thought is that you have to go see her off tomorrow night but then you're reminded of your smiling brother with his angel-like charms and your promise to meet him for dinner.

You can't be in two places at once but you can't cancel on either of them without hurting one.

What time? You quickly reply back, pulling at your lip as you await her response.

Seven, she replies back, leaving you to only curse under your breath and fiddle with your hands. Eventually, you bury your head into your hands with a loud groan.

What are you going to do?

*

You saunter into Jimin's room the next night, your head lowered glumly as you can't help the pools of guilt that swim in your stomach. Your brother looks up from the thin book he's reading, grinning wildly at you. "Are you ready for tonight?"

You shake your head slowly, casting him an apologetic look that has him suddenly feeling worried. "Jimin, I can't go."

"What? Why not?" he exclaims, standing with a start.

"My friend—"

"So, I'm being ditched for your friend?" he scoffs, running a hand through his neat hair with a roll of his eyes. "You did this last time too, Y/N! I can't believe you."

"Jimin, wait," you panic, reaching out to grab onto his wrist as he jolts away from the feel of your fingers ghosting his skin.

"No, just leave it," he spits. "Go have fun with your friend." With that, he storms out of his room, pushing past your shoulder as he does so.

You want to argue against him but you don't have that much time so, knowing very well that you may regret this, you groan and sprint out of the house.

The hours pass by in a blur of tears and hugs and, before you know it, you're walking into the house with tears numbly dripping down your cheeks. Gently shutting the door behind you so that you don't alert anyone, you swipe at your chin before taking slow steps towards your room.

"So, how was it with your friend?" Jimin scoffs as he strolls into the living room, wearing a smug smile on his face until he looks up to be greeted by your tear streaked face. Alarmed, he rushes over and catches your tears with his thumbs, apologising profusely for what he said before pulling your shaking form into his hold.

"It's n-not your f-fault," you sob, comforted by the way he runs his hands across your back. "I'm s-sorry I d-ditched you, I had to go say bye to my f-friend. She l-left for the States."

Jimin has never felt worse in his entire life as he tries to calm you down with sweet nothings, his hold on you tightening as if that will fix everything.

"God, I should've listened to you," he murmurs, kissing the top of your head lovingly. "I'm such a jerk."

Your cries subside as he rocks the two of you slowly. "I promise that I'll take you out for the best day tomorrow. We'll have so much fun, okay?"

You can't help but laugh, glad that at least one good thing came out of today.