jin - request (pt 5)

WELCOME TO BANGTAN HIGH

welcome to bangtan high: a series in which you and your seven friends get into all sorts of trouble; requested by @army_pidge

BLACKOUT; JIN

It looks ugly outside.

The rain pounds against any surface it can, creating a loud cacophony that would usually soothe you but, today, it gives you a roaring headache as you stress over how you're going to get home if the very second you step out, you're going to be dripping from head to toe.

You sigh in frustration yet still watch the mass of gloomy grey grow outside, wincing as it begins to get even more deafening.

"Think it's going to let up soon?" Jin whispers from beside you, his plump lips brushing up against your earlobe to gain your attention while he restlessly taps his pencil against the side of the table in time with the rain. You wave him off with a shake of your head before turning to cast him a pleading look, your eyes widening naturally to force him to give into your charm.

"Of course I'll give you a ride home," he laughs, tapping your nose with his index finger before smirking mischievously at you, "but you owe me, princess."

Your initial excitement dies down and, with a roll of your eyes, you poke your tongue out at him before returning to the half done math sheet sitting underneath your elbow. Sighing, you pick up your pencil and continue to work through the problems, glancing to the side to see Jin doing the same thing, his movements casual as he slowly but surely shifts his arm over so that his shoulder is pressed up against yours.

After all, class is nearly over and neither of you want to have to be stuck filling it out at home.

With a bite of your lip, you scribble down the final answer, disappointed to see that Jin had finished just before you, his smile triumphant as he looks down at you. You're about to hiss a curse or two at him when the lights in the classroom flicker.

You purse your lips together and glance up at the lights in the room worriedly, just seconds before they dim down with a heart-stopping zap.

Jolting in your seat, you barely take the time to calm yourself down from the fright and blindly search the space next to you for Jin, eventually gripping onto his trembling hand. Without wasting another moment, you intertwine your hands together and give his a reassuring squeeze.

For as long as you've known him, Jin has been afraid of the dark. You've heard the others give him lip about it but you know better than anyone else that they're always there for him when he feels scared. You, however, have never been in a position where you've had to help Jin with his fear so it's safe to say that you're at a loss of what to do.

You rub slow circles on the back of his hand. "You okay, Jinnie?"

His grip tightens on your hand ever so slightly, the affectionate nickname urging him to speak as he exhales heavily. "Not really but it's just because of the storm, right? Nothing's gonna happen, right?"

"Yeah," you breathe reassuringly, making sure you sound cheery to keep him thinking positively, "the lights will be back on in no time. "

Just as you're about to offer him some more comfort, a clap of thunder rumbles through the sky, the sheer volume of it enough to shake the windows of the classroom.

"Y/N!" Jin squeaks as he jumps at the sound, ripping his hand away from yours. You lurch forward, just barely missing his hand before trying to search for it again, your movements slightly panicked

Soon enough, you feel his arms snake around your waist, pulling you forward until you reach the edge of your seat while he buries his face into your chest, his breathing coming out in shallow pants as he shakes like a frail leaf in your hold.

Getting over your shock at the certainty behind the hug, you reach up to run your fingers through his fluffy hair, whispering the sweetest of nothings in his ear as you notice the rest of the class begin to quieten.

"Calm down," your teacher announces loudly from somewhere in front of you, "I'm sure someone will get the lights going again soon."

Jin whimpers softly against the base of your neck so you lower your head and press a lingering kiss to his forehead like he does when you find yourself feeling scared or nervous. It's now that you realise how nice it is for you to be the one to take care of Jin when it's always the opposite case.

Jin has always been the one to listen to your problems and hold you while you cry so you feel glad that you can finally repay the favour. After all, it's a rare sight to see Jin so weak considering he's never let his smile slip while he's around you or the guys.

Smiling fondly, you tighten your hold on him as your love for him grows.

The two of you stay stuck together until the lights finally click back to life. Jin springs away from you as if nothing happened, looking a lot more relieved than he thinks he does.

He eventually smiles over at you when your teacher begins rambling on about staying safe outside while heading home. "Thank you. I'm sorry you had to see me like that."

"Don't apologise," you scold lightly, slapping him on the arm, "I'm always here for you."

He slowly nods with a chuckle, standing to cradle his belongings to his chest, holding his arm out when you finish doing the same. Gratefully, you link your arm with his.

"I wonder how many of the others are going to ask for a ride too," he muses, unable to help himself from laughing along when you burst into a fit of giggles.