jin - request

DISTRACTION

- in which your piano teacher can't seem to take his eyes off you; requested by @seokjinius__ [disclaimer; i may have switched the roles of jin and y/n around so i deeply apologise]

You're restless as you sit patiently on the plastic chairs outside of the music room, legs bouncing up and down with your excitement tingling at your nerves. It had never crossed your mind that waiting for someone could be this nerve wracking, even if the person you're meeting is someone who you're already quite close to.

It was only a few weeks ago when you were heading home from yet another unnecessarily long lecture at your university in Daegu and passed the bulletin board located just out the front, your tired eyes mindlessly scanning over it for something mildly interesting when you stumbled across a small flyer advertising piano lessons.

Immediately, this piqued your interest as learning an instrument has been something that you've been trying to get yourself into for a long time. Aware of the ecstatic grin on your face, you approached the flyer and read through the details.

Piano lessons; $15 an hour
Contact Min Yoongi for more details

Funnily enough, you had just had a lecture with the quiet boy that lets his dark bangs fall over his eyes, your eyes glistening with wonder as you turned to see him just leaving the classroom, his slender fingers pushing his thinly rimmed glasses up the bridge of his nose before heading in the opposite direction.

You squealed at your luck as you and Yoongi are closer than most would expect, him having been in most of your classes since the two of you were in high school so with a little more energy in you, you left the university, dialling his number to book a lesson the minute you got home.

You hum under your breath as you wait, fiddling with the strings of your hoodie as you make a mental list of all the songs you can play on the piano once you've had at least at a whole month of lessons with Yoongi but a soft clear of a throat rips of you out of these thoughts, startling you greatly as you stand and drop your bag onto the floor, glancing over at the flustered male standing before you, his eyes wide.

"Ah, sorry," he bows, crouching down to pick up your belongings, "I didn't mean to scare you."

His hair is coloured a deep black which makes the fair honey of his skin pop while his eyes are the deepest and most alluring shade of brown you've ever seen. When he stands, he towers over you but this person is the least intimidating one you know because of his cute nature, pouty lips and heart warming smile.

So, of course, you immediately recognise him as Kim Seokjin; Yoongi's close friend.

He returns to his full height and returns your bag to you, smiling sheepishly when you thank him a few times before locking eyes with him.

"Seokjin," you hum, looking over his shoulder, "where's Yoongi?"

The day you called to book your appointment with Yoongi, Seokjin was lazing around in front of the small tv in their shared dorm room, barely paying attention to it as he thought about you smiling at him earlier in the day, simply blown away by how gorgeous you had looked while doing so.

In a few minutes time, Yoongi came jogging out of the room he excused himself into to take a call, hands clapping excitedly as he stood in front of Seokjin. With a little less enthusiasm and more annoyance, Jin flicked his eyes up to Yoongi in confusion.

"You will never guess who just booked a lesson with me," the younger gushed, looking way more energetic than Jin has ever seen him but while this show of excitement takes him aback, he manages to keep his lips pursed tightly in indifference.