hoseok - request (pt 4)

THE BANGTAN BUNCH

HOPELESS; HOSEOK

Your perfectly golden pancake slides off your spatula with ease, landing on top of the tall stack you have beside the hissing stove with a satisfying plop, huffing in immediate admiration as you ponder on how Jin, the eldest of your family, does this every day with the morning sun just beginning to peek out from behind the soft white clouds.

In fact, if it weren't for your consistent pestering, he'd be here now to help you with cooking but you had encouraged all seven of them to get some rest over the only weekend where they all don't have to be out at work or busied by other commitments.

Your first task to ensure that they all get the rest they deserve was to make breakfast.

You balance three plates of over thirty perfectly rounded and sweet pancakes on your arms, nibbling onto your bottom lip as you take slow steps towards the elongated dining table. It's a miracle that you don't drop anything while positioning each plate in the center of the table with an exhausted sigh, trudging back into the kitchen to grab the large variety of toppings that each of your brothers enjoy on their pancakes.

You reach up to wipe the sweat beading on your forehead while staring down at the properly set table with pride bleeding into your expression, jumping out of your skin when you turn to see a sleepy Hoseok standing in the hallway.

Said male rubs at his eyes with tiny, balled fists before shuffling towards you in a way that makes his oversized pajama pants bunch up together at his ankles.

"You can start eating if you want to," you softly explain, finding your heart clench at how adorably confused he looks standing before you now, "and I'll just go and wake everyone up."

Before you can even begin to make your way towards the rooms lined up down the hall, Hoseok reaches forward to grip loosely onto your forearms, pulling you into his arms for an unexpected hug, burying his small face into your neck.

"Hobi," you coo, carding your fingers through his disheveled head of silk-like chocolate brown hair affectionately and softly, just the way he likes it. However, the gesture doesn't seem to be working so you allow your hands to fall onto his shoulders, rubbing slowly as you've seen Yoongi do whenever the younger is feeling down.

This feels different, you realise as your hands smooth out the tension building up in the muscles on his back. It doesn't feel like the warm hugs Hoseok usually greets you with in the morning.

It's more...sad.

Worry burns through you with a single jolt like the first strike of lighting in a thunderstorm as you pull away from him, cupping his face rather forcefully to look him in the eye, not even being able to muster up the humour to laugh at the way he blinks dumbly at you like a little doe caught in headlights.

Your lips jut themselves out into a disapproving pout as you immediately notice the beginnings of dark bags under his eyes, your thumbs habitually stretching up to smooth out the soft area of skin lovingly. "Hobi, are you okay?"

He shakes his head slowly in your hold, pushing his own lips out to mimic your expression and you can't tell if you should crack a smile or remain concerned.

You opt for the concern as it occurs to you that Hoseok is the only one out of the seven that makes keeping a smile on his face a priority. In fact, it's his hopeful and rather energetic personality that keeps that the dynamic of the house perfectly balanced. For his mood to drop this much, something really bad must have happened.

"I worked all night to finish my routine," he mumbles, letting his eyes droop shut tiredly, "and I thought I saved my recording of it but when I checked this morning, it was gone. All gone."

He chuckles emotionlessly as if he can only assume that this would happen to him of all people. "So, now I'm back to square one and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do."

"Oh, god, Hobi, I'm so sorry," you softly express, tilting your head ever so slightly as you expression morphs into one of sympathy.

He shakes his head once again. "It's not your fault, i was tired and didn't check properly."

You're at a loss of what to do so you kiss his puffy cheek and pull him in for another hug with a reassuring smile, swaying slowly as he leans into your touch and holds onto you tightly.

"Eat some breakfast," you explain motherly, "then you can go and get some more rest and see if you're up for practicing again. Who knows? You might come up with something even better this time."

He grins, jumping out of the hug with a determined nod and an endearing thumbs up. "Yes, you're right! Thanks, Y/N."

"Anytime, Hobi," you beam, giving him a pat on the head as he passes you to grab a pancake from the tall stack you laid out on the table, taking a rather big bite out of the fluffy circle before humming in pleasure.

"Woah, these are delicious!"

You can't help but laugh as you walk off to wake everyone else up.