jungkook - request

SHE STAYS WITH ME

- in which a confrontation with your father leaves jungkook with no choice but to show him who's really boss, sequel to BANGTAN'S GIRL; requested by pretty much everyone (love you guys)

You stare into the screen of your laptop blankly, stunned to silence by what you're looking at and, despite knowing that this possibly can't be the case, you begin feverishly typing out codes to check if this is all just some mistake and that the feeling of impending doom creating a hurricane of emotions inside of you is all for no reason.

The codes come up clear and you bite back a curse as you slam the device shut.

Throwing a hand into the disheveled mass of hair on your head, you storm out of the lab, making a beeline for the room where you were once interrogated in, your rather significant influence having convinced the boys to turn it an official area for meetings.

"Guys!" you bellow, wincing slightly at how your voice bounces off the walls of the small house, knowing that all seven of them heard you loud and clear. "Meeting room, now!"

There is a worried edge to the tone of your voice, making your continuous calls for them sound panicked. You can tell that they've noticed too, seeing a pattern of furrowed eyebrows, pursed lips and eyes glazed over with hardened concern as they pile into the room.

Something tugs at your heartstrings when you see that all of them dropped whatever they were busy with to come to your aid.

However, none are more worried than Jungkook who barges into the room with only a towel wrapped around his waist and beaded droplets of water falling from his hair to run down the expanse of his toned middle and create a puddle on the floor. You swallow back a laugh when your eyes flick to a tired Jimin, his eyes set on Jungkook in the form of a cold glare after having been pushed to the side by the younger.

Seemingly choosing to ignore the daggers that fly into his back from the usually cheerful male, Jungkook approaches you as quickly as his makeshift towel wrap will let him, his hands still damp as he grabs onto your shoulders and searches your face for injuries.

"You okay? Are you hurt? Did something happen?" he breathes, barely giving you time to answer any of his rapid fire questions as he reaches up to smooth your hair down. Rolling your eyes, you cup his face and squish his cheeks together to force him to look at you, offering him a reassuring smile when he does to tell him that you're fine.

He nods.

Directing your attention back to everyone else in the room—your cheeks flaming at how they stare at both you and Jungkook with teasing smiles, you motion for them to take a seat, not even surprised to see the so-called leader of the gang still adamantly standing behind you.

"Sit down," you urge before giving him a quick once over, "or did you want to go put some clothes on first?"

He shoots you a look that clearly reads 'shut up' and, instead, threads his fingers through yours, giving your hand a supportive squeeze as he does whenever you're about to address the group.

Right, you realise with a bubble of pride and adoration growing in the pit of your stomach, as Jungkook promised you months ago—with, of course, a disregard to his member's lighthearted complaints of unfairness and favouritism—he's your boyfriend before he is your boss.

You take his support in confidence and clear your throat to speak, resisting the temptation to roll your eyes when you feel Jungkook's hand tug you down a little as he sits himself on the armrest of a nearby chair after just claiming that he wasn't going to sit down. "I got a message from our source."