jungkook - request

WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT?

- in which jungkook, your boyfriend, talks nonstop about his big crush on iu; requested by @kaceuuu

Beautiful.

That's all you can think of while staring blankly at the screen lit up by the smile of the well-known idol, IU, her voice undoubtedly angelic as she walks across the stage with a little skip in her step and runs her gorgeously elegant hand through her luxurious display of warm chocolate brown hair.

You enviously huff under your breath, wondering why you weren't blessed with visuals or talent like hers as your gaze drifts longingly to Jungkook just as he leans forward with a dreamy grin, watching the idol's every movement attentively with eyes that sparkle with an adoration reserved especially for her.

You roll your eyes.

Eventually, he turns to face you with that stupid grin of his. "Was that not the best thing you've ever seen?"

"I've seen better," you scoff with a little extra bite in your tone, hoping he can pick up on your alluded-to warning. Said male, however, only chuckles teasingly, reaching over to tap your nose softly with his index finger.

"I know you don't want to admit I'm right," he claims, the amusement playing with his lips making him look younger, giving you flashbacks to a time where you were all that mattered in his world.

You look away bitterly after offering him a flat smile, pushing yourself to stand in hopes of using a search for snacks as an excuse to angrily stare at the kitchen wall for a few minutes but Jungkook is quick to follow, his warm arms embracing you from behind, soft lips pressed against the base of your neck.

You ignore the sweetness behind the gesture and sigh.

Releasing you, Jungkook hums IU's new single to himself as he hops himself up onto the counter, endearingly swinging his feet back and forth while you begin sifting through the pantry, habitually grabbing onto a packet of honey butter chips for Jungkook to munch on before even thinking about yourself.

"IU really is amazing," he swoons, taking the packet from your hands with not even a hint of appreciation on his face. You bite back a string of curses and go back to foraging, filtering out Jungkook's reminiscent talk of just how perfect the day he was introduced to IU's music was to instead focus on the rather disheartening realisation of the fact that you've spent three years of putting up with your boyfriend's habit of worshipping the famous star and, to be quite frank, it makes you feel insecure about yourself because you know you're not like her and you know that you never will be.

It makes you wonder why Jungkook decided to date you in the first place.

Blinking back tears, you move onto the next shelf and tune back into the conversation, humming mindlessly in acknowledgement as Jungkook moves on to talk about the dinner he went to last night with a few friends.

"They brought up IU and asked me what I would do if she asked me out," he giggles as if he isn't telling all of this to his very sensitive and, although it would damage your ego to admit it, jealous girlfriend with his cheeks flushing a pretty pink that would normally have you cooing in shock of how adorable he is.

"I said that I would not hesitate in saying yes," he admits with a smile, "but then they asked me what I would do if she asked me now, while I'm dating you."

This is it, you think to yourself as you hold your breath, awaiting the answer that will reveal to you whether or not Jungkook is actually happy dating you.

"I said I'd leave you for her."

Your heart sinks to the bottom of your feet, hand halting at the back of the cupboard in complete and utter disbelief of what he just said. Understandably, you feel empty, almost like your soul has been ripped brutally out from your chest at the confirmation that Jungkook may have never loved you in the first place.

"Really?" you deadpan, allowing the tears to fall onto your face with skin tingling drops, each one leaving an angry stain behind.

"Yeah, they found it funny," he grins, popping another chip into his mouth while, once again, remaining ignorant of the bitterness so obviously laced in between your tone.

"And I suppose these," you grumble as your fingers brush up against a packet unfamiliar to you sitting in the back of the cupboard, pulling it out successfully with a grunt, "also comes with some stupid story that your friends find funny."

In between your fingertips is a tiny packet of peanuts.

Jungkook has the audacity to look wounded by your use of words as he clears his throat but you really couldn't care less; you've had enough of coming second. "Uh, those are IU's fav—"

"Jungkook," you snap, throwing the packet of peanuts at his chest in rage, "I'm fucking allergic to peanuts! I could fucking die if I go near those! Do you understand that?"

"Shit," he murmurs, swiping the packet off the counter to toss it into the bin with a huff, "I'm sorry, I forgot."

"Oh, and I bet you just forgot about our anniversary dinner last week?" you bark, hands clenched into tights fists of disappointment by your side. "The one that I had been planning for months? And you just so happened to also forget about the company event that we were invited to? Or were you too busy obsessing over some stupid idol on the TV?"

Jungkook steps back in shock, his expression painted with a hurt that you've never seen on anyone before, the look darkening his eyes to the point where you can see your own pathetic reflection in the midst of the tendrils of golden regret that begin to flood his orbs, your gaze dropping to the floor at your inability to handle looking him in the eyes, heart shattering quite painfully as you do so.

"Jungkook, be honest with me so I don't keep getting hurt," you sob, reaching up to angrily swipe a mass of tears off the bottom of your chin, "what do you really want? Me or her?"

He begins to speak but falters as if in pure disbelief that you would even question something like that, hesitantly stepping forward to wrap his slender fingers around your forearms, thumbs rubbing slow circles against the smoothness of your skin.

"You," he finally whispers, voice breaking as he's almost brought to tears at the mere thought of making you doubt your relationship with him, "it always has been and will be you. I'm so sorry that I made you for even a second that it was going to be someone else. I didn't realise that I was going overboard, I just thought you knew that it was all some joke and that I wasn't being serious. I should've checked first."

He pauses as if holding his breath.

"Fuck, I'm so stupid," he eventually mutters with a breathless chuckle, tugging you forward ever so gently to wrap you in a hug of apology and love; a hug that you melt into, your face pressed into his chest as you cry helplessly, hiccupping as he presses several kisses to the top of your head.

"Really, I'm so sorry," he breathes, swaying ever so slightly, "I promise I'll never talk about IU again."

You hum in satisfaction, tightening your hold on him subconsciously as he hooks his hands around the backs of your legs, lifting you up to place you atop the counter where he once sat, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear fondly.

"I love you so much, Y/N," he chirps, swiping his own fingers across the skin of your cheeks to catch onto stray tears. "You really are my everything."

You giggle as you snatch his honey butter chips from the side, popping one into your mouth as he chuckles in slight confusion. "I love you too but, be warned, I may leave you Park Hyungsik."

"That's not fair," he whines as you laugh victoriously. "I have to stop with IU which means you stop with Hyungsik."

"No way," you gasp, eyes widening as he growls under his breath teasingly and hikes you over his shoulder, leaving you with no time to escape or defend yourself as he marches the both of you out of the kitchen.

"I'll leave you up here if you don't agree," he huffs, jerking when he feels your fingers jab into his side, his instincts telling him to let you go, watching remorselessly as you squeal, back hitting the mattress of your bed.

You break down in a fit of giggles as he crawls to your side on the bed and joins, the both of you becoming a tangle of limbs and laughter.