Second step

Justin's pov

I stared up at the building in front of me with wide and frightened eyes, but I couldn't back out now, I just couldn't, I felt the need to do this before I left for rehab and I was determined to do it. 

Jason squeezed my hand as my fingers were still firmly and comfortably placed in between his, "Are you sure you want to do this baby?" Jason questioned looking down at me. 

I pursed my lips and thought about for a few seconds before slowly nodding my head, "Yes, I n-need to do this Jason, for myself." I whispered turning my head to look at him and I saw nothing but love in his eyes, but he was also proud that I was making this step. 

"Ok baby, I'm here for you, I'll be here with you every step of the way and as soon as you want to leave you tell me and we will leave as soon as I can get you out of this building ok?" He murmured turning so we were stood opposite each other and he placed his hands on my hips pulling me into his body to which I melted into straight away as I nodded silently looking into his eyes. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck standing up onto my tiptoes and he leaned the short distance down to connect our lips together in a sweet kiss that had my heart pumping quickly in my chest, slowly pulling away from his lips, I let out a little sigh as he pecked my lips again, "Let's go." He whispered and I nodded standing back on my feet properly. 

Jason quickly connected our hands together again lacing our fingers before slowly walking up to the entrance of the building that cause my life to become a living hell, of course the place we were at was school and I just felt the need to come and see it for the last time until after my rehab is over. 

My mum wants me to be home schooled, but there is no point because the school year is almost over and then I will be going to college for a year then university, maybe. 

I took a deep breath as Jason and I climbed the steps to where I was always pushed up or down, where I always scurried up to avoid the stares of everyone that would be stood outside the building and talking about me as if I wasn't there. 

As soon as we got to the top Jason pushed the doors open hearing the loud and obnoxious chatter of all the students that were stood in the hallways, I came at this time because I knew it was lunch and I knew everyone would be out of class and I wanted them to see what they had done to me. 

We stepped into the hallway and no one had noticed us yet but as soon as the door slammed shut all eyes turned to us and it took everything that I had in me to not look at the ground like I usually did, I licked my dry lips feeling Jason squeeze my hand and lean down to my ear, "Baby, you're not wearing a jacket, do you want mine?" He asked quietly and I looked down at my bare arms as I was only wearing a white t-shirt. 

I know what he meant by that, I knew he wasn't embarrassed of people seeing my cuts, he was merely worried that I wouldn't be comfortable with exposing myself like this, he was frightened that it would make me do something else if anyone commented on the poor condition of my skin, but as I thought of that I shook my head.

"No, l-let them look." I finalized and he nodded in understanding. 

I turned my head to look back at all the pairs of eyes burning into my body, but I didn't dare drop my head and I didn't dare cower behind Jason like I would have, no, I walked forward bringing Jason with me automatically as our hands were twined together like we were a package deal and to be honest we kind of were. 

Jason growled as they stared at me, but I nudged his side telling him to not saying anything, I know he gets protective and I know he hates it when people stared at me but they need to look at me, they need to see what each and every one of them had caused and yes they may not have directly bullied me, but by them watching me being tortured, by them saying things thinking I couldn't hear, by them not doing anything to help me they were second hand bullying.