𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕯𝖆𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖍𝖊𝖙

╔═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╗

═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════

June, 1695

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS were the burnings and hangings of twenty people that had been accused of witchcraft, occurring in the muggle village of Salem, Massachusetts during February 1692 and May 1693, due to the widespread of Puritan Witch Hunts in North America.

The event was truly a devastating time for the Wizarding community. Wizarding families are now fearful for another travesty that might occur similar to this and are now migrating to Europe, The United Kingdom, and Asia to escape the devastation of the Puritan Witch Hunts.

They were no known survivors during the trials but according to witnesses and historians, only one witch has been cited to have managed to escape her execution just seconds after being lit up at the stake. After endless hunts and searches conducted by the no-Maj's — non-magic folk in North America — the witch was no where to be seen or tracked.

Following the events of the trials, The MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America) then introduced the International Statute of Secrecy, a law that protects the Wizarding community from being exposed to muggles and their gifts of magic at a large international scale. In doing so, this law prevents any further executions and exposure from occurring that could potentially wipe out the Wizarding World's ever growing population.

╚═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╝

[ P.S ]
hello lovely readers! most of the information written have been cited from 'pottermore.com'
happy reading!
— author.