vii. Therapy Sessions

UNWINDING is always the best way to relieve stress, and what better place than in the Astronomy Tower.

After McGonagall confronted us and the trio bid me a goodbye, a heavy weight felt like it rested upon my shoulders after everything that just happened. So I took the secret shortcuts to reach the seventh-floor corridor and made my way to the tower, making sure to cast a warming charm on myself.

In a way, I've always looked at it as my safe place whenever I wanted to be alone and let all my feelings out, or to simply just think and enjoy the peace. But there were moments where a lot of other things happened in there that wasn't peaceful at all; mostly because of Draco Malfoy — he always seemed to show up during the most inconvenient times, yet despite all of that I still found the place comforting.

Weird how my mind works sometimes.

It was because of that reason I wasn't surprised at all when I spotted him by the terrace overlooking the school entrance below.

I halted by the landing, not bothering to stay quiet to hide my scoff.

"Oh," I said drily, "it's you again. I'll take my leave then—"

"You know it's a big space, Lovett, if there's room for an entire classroom here then I'm positive there'll be room for you," he remarked without looking over his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes at his comment, about to go down the stairs until I realized the meaning behind it.

"What?" I asked appalled.

"What?" he mocked, finally turning around to face me. "What, are you deaf again?"

"No. It's just—you just asked me to join you," I stuttered, not taking his jab into consideration as my mind ran with bewilderment.

"Yes?" he scoffed as if I were stupid. "I'm aware."

My lips parted and I widened my eyes at his response. I stared shamelessly, trying to come up with the most logical reason but came up empty-handed.

"That's a joke, right? Y-you're joking."

He rolled his eyes once again. "I know how much you like coming here anyways, and frankly I don't want to leave or deal with you so just shut up and find your corner."

My eyebrows rose to my hairline.

"Are you sure you're Draco Malfoy?" I asked.

Draco turned away to gaze at the falling snow outside. I blinked, once then twice and forced myself to finally tear my eyes away to glance back at the staircase.

I bit my lip, contemplating about my choices. If I go back the only place where I would be alone was in my dorm (which I'm not complaining about), but my legs ached from walking so much in just a span of an hour that I reluctantly claimed the other terrace that was closest to me.

I instantly sighed with relief when I sagged down and sat on the floor. I dared a glance at Draco, seeing him copy my move and sitting cross-legged in front of the view.

I pursed my lips at the awkward silence and fidgeted with my thumbs, wondering how exactly I was going to unwind if I was surround by all this tension.