iii. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

OVER the course of the next few weeks I spent at the Burrow, the routine I managed to make during the summer continued on. But now that all of my friends, and including me, were under one roof the days weren't so bad.

The same morning I had met Fleur, four handsome tawny owls arrived at the Burrow, swooped in to drop four identical letters and then flew off. I already knew what the inside beheld — our OWL results.

Safe to say that the living room that morning was a frenzy of emotions, especially from Hermione, though I guess I understood why. OWL's are serious business and getting anything below an Exceeds Expectations is rather unfortunate.

It was already nerve-wracking to open the seal of arms, so my knees almost bucked when I saw my first grade. After I had read through the entire report card, I was left quite satisfied. Outstandings in all of my subjects except Herbology and Astronomy — I had gotten an Exceeds Expectations for those.

The days after that were ongoing and almost repetitive. The only eventful days was when Remus came over, despite bringing some bad news.

Bill stayed at the Burrow a few days after that, much to the girls' satisfaction, since they can't stand Fleur at all. I had gotten quite upset with the two of them because of it. Fleur was a nice woman, yet I didn't know why Ginny and Hermione hated her so much.

I was the only one in the house who had the most sincere conversations with her. I asked her all about France and Beauxbatons, and in return I told her all about Bill's embarrassing moments.

Finally, the day to shop at Diagon Alley had finally come and I was beyond excited. Visiting Diagon Alley means visiting Fred and George's joke shop. Maybe I can work there as an employee until I find out what I want to be.

It was a miracle that Mrs. Weasley even let all of us out of the house after hearing all the terrible things that happened in the town, with Ollivander being taken as well as Florean Fortescue.

When the Ministry car rolled up to the street entrance of the Leaky Cauldron, I spotted a giant man with a beard as big as his hair. I beamed at the sight of him and opened the door to get out.

"Hello, Hagrid!" I greeted.

"Margo," he acknowledged, "good to see yeh. How's mum 'n dad?"

"They're excellent," I said. "It's great to see you again, Hagrid."

"Great to see yeh too, Mar," he chuckled happily and stepped out of the way. "In yeh go."

I stepped in the threshold of the Leaky Cauldron, knowing that the others would be right behind me, and gawked at the place.

It was so. . .empty.

"Woah," Ron muttered beside me.

"I know, right," I mumbled back. "You'd thing there's some pandemic or something."

"I've never seen this place so empty," Hermione chimed quietly from beside us.

We didn't dare speak louder than a murmur, feeling as if a single noise would get us arrested or hunted down. A shiver ran down my back at the thought.

From my peripheral vision, I spotted a man climb down the stairs. Something about the way his hair looked somewhat familiar. It was only then when he turned his face towards me that my eyebrows shot up in surprise.