xv. We Plan a Heist

DAYS stretched into weeks as we extended our stay in Shell Cottage, refining tactics and brewing stores of Polyjuice Potion for the plan we managed to struck with the goblin, Griphook.

Though what he wanted in exchange was quite pricey (the Sword of Gryffindor), Harry — with that confusing brain of his — came up with such a cunning loophole that even we couldn't be ecstatic for, except for Ron given that he doesn't like the goblin one bit.

It was hard to explain to the other residents of the cottage why we rarely showed up during dinner, or throughout the day. The four of us were too busy thoroughly perfecting the plans we made, going over every detail and any bits of information Griphook told us. Hermione and I mostly spent hours each day on the Polyjuice Potion and complained for weeks about the impatience of how long it would be until it's ready.

Sometimes I even let Hermione do all the work, choosing to spend those little bursts of freedom with Luna and Dean. They never asked about what we were doing, and I was glad for that. Their company, I found, was a refresher from spending half the year with the trio alone, plus more as we targeted what we'd be doing in a few weeks' time.

The conversation Luna and I had passed through my mind, just a few days ago: a topic that she brought up so casually I didn't know if she even knew how much it affected me.

"Bill and Fleur's cellar is lovely," she had said after Fleur asked us to get a bottle of wine. "Unlike the Malfoys' — too lonely and dark. But at least Mr. Ollivander was there with me, and he would come and visit too sometimes." And I remember asking who she was talking about.

"Draco Malfoy," she stated as if it were obvious. "He would sneak down the cellar, give us food and other things that they wouldn't give us during the day. I think wasn't allowed in there at all, but he still went anyways."

It was the first and last time Luna ever talked about what happened in the cellar. Also one of the many nights I spent with tears trailing down my cheeks as I stared out the window to my bedroom, playing with the pearl around my neck.

And it was during those night that made me think of Ruby and Ernie too. Up until now, I didn't realize that during the whole time I was on the run I didn't even think about them; didn't let myself miss them or wonder about them because I knew that if I did, the thoughts would've ate me alive.

At least I knew my parents are miraculously safe, staying in Aunt Muriel's place along with the rest of the Weasleys (thank Merlin).

Living near the sea had the disadvantage of not having enough lights within the area.

Already the cottage was lit with the warm glow of lamps, creating a bright beacon for the night sky as we residents of the cottage dined with Fleur whilst Bill dropped Ollivander off at Aunt Muriel's.

I was just about to take a big bite of pasta from my fork when a loud voice suddenly echoed behind me, sounding like it was mere inches away from my ear.

"Everything's fine," Bill announced.

I jumped in my seat, the fork missing my mouth as I whirled around to shoot him a glare. "You git, you did that on purpose, didn't you?"

He merely smiled cheekily, knowing exactly how easy it was to scare me. "Did you not hear the front door? Anyways, Ollivander settled in, mum and dad say hello, so do your parents, Mar. Ginny sends you all her love. Fred and George are driving Muriel up the wall, they're still operating Owl Order business out of her back room. It cheered her up to have her tiara back, though. She said she thought we'd stolen it."

"Ah, she eez charmante, your aunt," Fleur said sourly before gathering all the empty plates with her wand and walked towards the kitchen.

"Daddy's made a tiara," Luna piped up. "Well more of a crown actually."