ix. A Helping Hand

.

I didn't feel like going back to the party considering the events that had just occurred, (nor do I want to see Ron and Lavender getting at it again).

In fact, all I wanted to do is go back to Hufflepuff Common Room and collapse on my bed, yet I didn't know why my feet were taking me to an all-too familiar corridor that lead to the Astronomy Tower.

The cold breeze from outside the tower already swept through my exposed skin as I climbed up the staircase. Shoving my hands into my coat pocket, I inhaled deeply and prepared myself for the full cold to hit once I reached the top. Thankfully it wasn't too vicious that I had to cast another warming charm on myself.

For once the tower was empty which brought a huge relief to my chest. Dashing to the north terrace, I sat near the edge and allowed my feet to stretch in front of me whilst my hands rested on the ground for support.

The night sky matched the conditions of this morning perfectly; clear without a cloud on sight, having only twinkling stars that made up certain constellations. Smiling to myself fondly, I peered above and imagined what was beyond the sky and the stars, a certain person popping up in my head as I did so.

"I hope you're doing good up there, Ced," I whispered.

Then my eyes drifted to a particular star, the brightest one in the sky and my smile grew wider.

"You as well, Sirius."

I slowly stood and dusted my pants, not wanting to spend another minute sitting on the cold floorboards that made my bottom freeze over. Signing again, I leaned on the terrace and gazed at snowy terrain below.

Truth be told, I didn't know why I decided to come up here in the first place. Perhaps it was because of the disaster that happened earlier between Hermione and Ron, or finding out that Harry has a taken a humongous fancy to Ginny — which I am quite ecstatic about. The only problem is she's currently with Dean Thomas.

It was quite amusing to realize that all of my friends are either in a relationship or they fancy each other, except for me. Throughout my years in Hogwarts I've never really taken a liking to anyone at all. I was always focused on my studies and my group of friends that I never really considered a type of romance to develop in my life.

It's not like I didn't like it, I actually do — I like to think it's because no one has really caught my eye (and heart) yet.

I shoved my hands into my pockets again, only to feel something cold brush against my knuckles.

Furrowing my brows, I fished it out and opened my palm to a silver Sickle. I scoffed lightly and chuckled to myself, willing the coin to hover a few inches above my hand. Instantly, the familiar white wisps coiled around my fingers, blending in with the moon's silvery glow.