The night out *part 2*

Tom and I stood on the dancefloor, Harrison nowhere to be seen as the two of us danced to the music. Tom's hands cupped my waist, occasionally moving up slightly to my lower back and pulling me further against him as we danced, not that I minded. I couldn't help but smirk as his head had seemed to take up permanent residence in the crook of my neck, his lips occasionally leaving small kisses on my skin as we danced. Suddenly, Tom's lips moved up, gently grazing the shell of my ear and making my eyes flutter shut at the feeling.

"I'm getting a drink, you coming?" he yelled into my ear, the volume of his voice the only thing allowing me to hear him over the thumping music. I pulled away slightly and nodded, making him give me a small smile as he took my hand and started to lead me through the crowd and to the bar.

"Where's Harrison? Do you reckon that he'll want a drink?" Tom asked as he looked over the sea of heads in search of our best friend.

"I've found him, but I think he's good." I nodded, chuckling as my gaze fell on the boy's figure, his tall body against the girl's slightly smaller one as they stood against the wall, making out. Tom followed my gaze and chuckled.

"All that's ever on that boy's mind is sex." Tom shook his head, raising his hand and signalling to the barman.

"Hey, that's my best friend, I don't want to know." I winced, making Tom chuckle again as the barman came over.

"Two double whiskeys, please." Tom nodded, the barman returning it before walking away. Suddenly, Tom slinked his arm casually over my waist, making my heart practically explode at the gesture. It wasn't unusual for him to do something like that, but in the situation that we were in, it almost made me feel like it was his way of telling other guys to back off. And I loved it. Two tumblers of whiskey landed in front of us, making Tom nod a thanks to the barman as we took them in our hands. Suddenly, the barman placed a third drink in front of me.

"Excuse me, we didn't order this." I shook my head.

"It's a triple shot vodka coke. It's from him." The barman spoke as he nodded to another man across the bar. I followed the gaze, gulping but forcing a smile onto my lips as the man smirked and winked at me. As if on cue, I felt Tom's grip on my waist tighten slightly, almost possessively over me. Not that I minded.

"The message was that if you can handle the whiskey, plus a triple shot mixer, there's no doubt that you'll be able to handle him in bed tonight. Won't lie to you, one of the worst pick-up lines that I've ever heard in this place." The barman chuckled, making me return it as I felt Tom's grip tighten again. I turned back to him, trying to refrain from smirking as his jaw was clenched and he was staring right at the guy with stern eyes.

"Well, Tommy, I say that we down these drinks and then dance. That sound good?" I asked as I picked up my whiskey and downed it in one, wincing as the harsh liquid burned my throat before leaving a warm glow in my chest. Tom looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait, you're not actually going to drink the free one, are you? You have no idea what's in it." He scoffed.

"Oh come on, the barman told me what's in it, and I literally saw him make it. Plus, it's a free drink." I shrugged. I grabbed the glass and downed the liquid, wincing at the taste before looking over my shoulder and winking at the guy. His smirk widened before I turned back to Tom and leant in so that my lips were on the shell of his ear, both of his hands now moving to cup my waist.

"Anyway, it's not like I'm going to end up in his bed. He can believe it, but it's not going to happen." I teased, smirking as Tom's grip tightened for the third time in as many minutes.

"You're fucking right it's not going to happen." He spoke lowly into my ear, making my smirk widen as I pulled away.

"You coming to dance?" I asked.

"I'll be there in a minute." He nodded. I returned it and leant up to kiss his cheek before giving him one last smile and disappearing into the crowd.

Tom's P.O.V

"You coming to dance?" Y/N asked.

"I'll be there in a minute." Tom nodded, not wanting the feeling of his hands on Y/N's waist to end, but knowing that it was about to. Y/N returned the nod and leant up to kiss his cheek before giving him one last smile and disappearing into the crowd. Tom bit his lip, his eyes subconsciously falling to her ass before she disappeared, his mind filling with thoughts of how stunning she looked tonight.

"Mate." He looked up and immediately scowled as the man that had bought Y/N the drink walked up to him.

"The bird that you're with, she your girl?" he asked. Tom scoffed, squinting his eyes at how disrespectful the asshole was being whilst talking about Y/N.

"I think you mean the woman that I'm with, not "the bird"." He spat, making the guy's eyes widen slightly. He sighed and looked down.

"But no. She's not my girlfriend." He mumbled, twangs of regret hitting his heart as he uttered the words.

"Great. Wish me luck, then." The fucking creep smirked, patting Tom on the shoulder before starting to walk into the crowd. Tom clenched his jaw, trying to control himself as much as he could. He shook his head, finally snapping as he rushed into the crowd after the guy. After all, he wasn't going to let some sleazebag pick up his best friend with the intention of fucking her and then ditching her in the morning. No. He grabbed the guy's collar, making the man's eyes widen as he yanked him out of the crowd.

"Dude, what the fuck, cockblock much?" he scoffed.

"She may not be my girlfriend, but she is my best friend and she deserves respect, which means that there's no fucking way that I'm going to let a douchebag like you pick her up at a club, fuck her and then ditch her in the morning. Go find someone who wouldn't mind having your fucking greasy hands on them." He spat before pushing him away. The guy looked at Tom with wide eyes before gulping and running out of the club. Tom sighed and ran a hand through his hair before downing the whiskey that he had nearly forgotten about and disappearing into the crowd in search of Y/N.