Numb

Y/N's P.O.V

I lay in bed, tears rolling down my cheeks as I clutched my pillow close to my chest. I didn't want to believe that Tom might have cheated on me, but I had no way of knowing whether or not he was telling the truth. I choked and shook my head, burying my face into the sheets. Suddenly, I realised something. My eyes shot open.

"No, no, no." I choked as I grabbed my phone and checked the date. Three weeks late. Fuck. I gulped, more tears leaving my eyes as I pressed my contacts app with shaking hands and pressed Harrison's number. I put the phone to my ear, internally begging him to pick up.

"Hello? Y/N, are you okay?" He picked up.

"I need you to do me a favour, but you can't tell Tom, especially after what's just happened." I gulped.

"What do you need?" he asked. I took a deep breath and looked down.

"I need you to come over, with a home pregnancy test." I admitted.

"Jesus Christ, mate. What's happened to make you think that you need one?" he asked.

"I just, I did the maths in my head and I'm three weeks late. I've never been late, Haz, and now I'm with Tom and I am." I choked.

"Okay, okay, it's going to be alright, I'll be over soon. Hang in there." He spoke before hanging up. I choked and dropped my phone, knowing that if I was pregnant, this couldn't be happening at a worse time. Not only was Tom's career at its peak, making him far too busy to be looking after a child, but we had just had our first fight as a couple, and it had been a massive one. I wasn't even sure if we were still together after what had happened. I closed my eyes, more tears falling from them as I curled further into my sheets, trying my hardest to wish the world away.

I sat on the bathroom floor, the numbing sensation of the cold tiles pressed to the bottom of my naked thighs sending shivers up my spine and providing a harsh contrast to the rest of my body feeling like it was on fire. I had never felt like this before, and needless to say, I'd not exactly be sad if I never experienced the toxic feeling again in my life. My heart was beating so fast against my chest that I could hear the blood rushing through my ears, the horrific sound drowning everything else out. My chest felt tight, my throat feeling tighter, convincing me that I was being choked to death by my body's own anxiety. But my still-beating heart told me that that wasn't true. My sweaty palms clasped the pregnancy test, the two lines showing positive being the reason for my body virtually shutting down. I couldn't believe it, I didn't want to. Yet I was being told by a small pink and white stick that my life was about to change forever and that I was about to potentially ruin the life of my boyfriend too. I dropped the test onto the floor in front of me, my shaking fingers suddenly losing all feeling and ceasing to be strong enough to hold the light stick. I gulped, only just becoming aware that my face was sticky with tears, my eyes slightly puffy as the drops of saltwater cascaded down my face.

"Y/N? Can I come in?" Harrison's muffled voice sounded through the door. I gulped, wanting nothing more than for the floor beneath me to open up and swallow me whole.

"Y-yeah." I called out, my voice cracking. The door immediately opened, Harrison's face dropping as he saw what state I was in.

"Oh, Y/N." he sighed, looking at me with sympathetic eyes. I nodded to the test that lay on the floor, making him look at that instead. He gulped as he leant down and picked it up, his face dropping further as he saw the small window that showed the result. He looked at me.

"Shit, mate." He gulped. I nodded and looked down.

"I know, I know." I choked, bringing my shaking hands up to bury my face into them.

"Come here." He sighed as he sat down on the floor next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I let him pull me onto his lap, my body still in shock as he gently cradled me.

"It's going to be alright, you hear me, mate? Everything is going to be okay." He nodded, resting his chin against my head.

"How can you say that, Haz? Tom is going to hate me for this." I choked. Harrison froze and looked down at me.

"Why would he hate you for this?" he scoffed.

"Because I was stupid and got pregnant, and he's at the height of his career, what if he thinks that a baby will ruin that-."

"Woah, okay, slow down there." He chuckled, gently looking at me. I sighed and looked up at him, resting my head against his arm.

"We're talking about Tom here, the guy who we've been best friends with for twenty years and who loves you unconditionally. He's not going to hate you for this, he's going to understand that it's down to both of you, okay? If he doesn't, you know that I'll sort him out for you." He nodded, making me laugh slightly and return the nod as I sniffed.

"You guys need to talk. Invite him over, and talk about what you're doing, yeah?" he asked. I sighed and nodded, letting my body stay limp in Harrison's arms.

"Thank you, Harrison. I couldn't live without you." I choked.

"Course, man. You know that I'm always here, for both of you. It's going to be okay." He reassured, gently moving a strand of hair out of my face before kissing my forehead.