"Something is wrong"

I sat on the sofa, watching TV and eating ice cream as I waited for Tom to get home from his interview. I sighed as I absentmindedly found something that I wanted to watch. I clicked the "next" button again and smiled as "Spiderman: far from home" was playing on the channel.

"I can never get away from your daddy, can I?" I chuckled to my bump, gently rubbing it as I put the remote down and contently watched the younger Tom play Peter. Suddenly, I felt something, making my eyes widen. I gulped and looked down, my eyes widening as there was a patch of blood where I was sat.

"No, no, no." I choked, easing myself up and grabbing my phone. I clicked on Tom's name with shaking hands and held the phone to my ear as I rushed to get my shoes on.

"Hey, it's Tom, sorry I can't get to the phone right now, but please leave a message and I'll get back to you." His voicemail spoke. I bit my lip, tears running down my face as I frantically dialled the number again. I choked as I dialled it one last time, the dial tones sounding for a couple of times before the voicemail played over and over.

"Shit." I choked as I dialled Harrison's number, hoping to anything at all that he'd pick up.

"Hey, mate." He picked up.

"Haz, something is wrong, I'm bleeding." I gulped as I grabbed my coat and bag.

"Shit, alright, get yourself ready and I'll be over in five minutes to take you to the hospital. Does Tom know?" he asked.

"I can't get a hold of him. Please hurry, Haz, I don't know what to do." I cried.

"It's going to be okay, Y/N, just try to stay calm, I'll be there soon. Hang in there." He spoke.

"Okay." I choked before hanging up and leaving the apartment. I stepped into the elevator and looked down at my bump, more tears leaving my eyes as I tightly cupped it.

"Please be okay." I choked, swallowing my tears as the elevator started to move.

Tom's P.O.V

Tom headed back to his dressing room after his interview, digging his phone out of his pocket as he walked. His eyes widened as he had several missed calls from both Y/N and Harrison, as well as a text from Harrison:

Harrison: Call me now. Urgent.

Tom gulped, a sick feeling starting to form in his stomach as he pressed on Harrison's number and waited for his best friend to pick up.

"Mate, you need to get to the hospital now." Harrison picked up.

"Why, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Y/N started bleeding, something's wrong with the baby." He admitted. Tom's heart plummeted to his feet, his eyes wavering as tears immediately started to stream down his face.

"Jesus, is she okay? What happened?" he choked as he immediately grabbed his stuff and rushed out of the dressing room.

"She called me in a state because she'd started bleeding. I got her to the hospital, but they said that something's wrong, I didn't really understand what. They're prepping her now for a caesarean, they say that the baby may not survive if they don't get her out now." He explained. Tom choked more, every word like a shot to his heart as he rushed to his car and flung the door open.

"Y/N's only eight months pregnant, surely that's too soon." He gulped.

"They say that it's the only option. Tom, I'm so sorry." Harrison spoke, a slight crack in his voice. Tom's eyes wavered again, and he wiped them so that he could at least see as he started to drive.

"I'm on my way now, tell Y/N that I'll be there as soon as possible." He spoke before hanging up. Tom stared at the road ahead, his hands clutching the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were white as he raced to the hospital. He didn't want to even think about losing either Y/N or their child, the thought being too much to handle. He swallowed thickly, quickly wiping his eyes as he continued to drive.

Tom raced into the hospital and straight up to the reception counter.

"Hey, my fiancé was brought in about twenty minutes ago, I think, with pregnancy complications, I was told that she was going for a caesarean." He gulped.

"Tom!" he turned around and his eyes widened as Harrison stood there.

"Oh my god, is she okay?" he choked as he rushed to his best friend and tightly hugged him.

"She's very shaken up, but I think that she's as okay as she can be in this situation." Harrison nodded, taking Tom's shoulder and rushing him through the double doors.

"And the baby?" Tom gulped. Harrison looked at him.

"They said that they couldn't promise anything." He admitted. Tom nodded, his eyes wavering again as he ran towards the surgery room. He rushed in, making all of the staff look at him.

"Sir, you can't be in here-."

"She's my fiancé, I'm the father." He nodded. The nurses returned it before quickly getting him into the scrubs and letting him through into the room.

"It tickles." Y/N giggled tiredly, making Tom smile as he sat by the table that she was being operated on, gently stroking his hand through her hair.

"Does it, darling? More than I usually tickle you?" he chuckled, trying to make his very high fiancé as calm as she could be. Well, as naturally calm as she could be.

"No, but this is a different kind of tickle." She nodded. Tom bit his lip and chuckled at her again. Suddenly, he heard crying. His eyes widened and he snapped his head up to look at the surgeon.

"Congratulations, mummy and daddy, it's a girl." The surgeon smiled as she placed the crying baby onto the scales. Tom laughed, tears leaving his eyes as he looked back at Y/N.

"Did you hear that, sweetheart? It's a little girl. We have a daughter." He smiled, unable to stop the tears of pure happiness.

"I'm so..." Y/N's words faded away as her eyes fluttered shut. Tom's smile dipped.

"Y/N?" he asked. Suddenly, the heart monitor started to blare, making Tom look at it.

"We're losing her, she's lost too much blood." The surgeon nodded. Tom's eyes widened at her words.

"What's happening?" he gulped as he stood from his stool.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we need you to leave." The nurse nodded as she started to usher him out.

"No, please let me stay, I want to be with her." He choked.

"She's going to be okay, but we need space, please." She insisted as she practically pushed him out of the doors. Harrison looked up from his chair and his eyes widened slightly as he saw Tom's wet eyes.

"Mate, what happened, is the baby okay?" he gulped. Tom looked at him, his mouth opening and closing but nothing coming out as he looked between his best friend, and the doors that he'd just been shoved out of. He was in pure shock, and utterly unsure of what to say.

"The baby's fine, s-she's beautiful, but Y/N...t-they said she lost too much blood, the heart monitor was beeping but n-not in the normal way-I don't know." He choked, tears streaming down his face. Harrison's eyes wavered and he gulped as he wrapped his arms around his best mate.

"She's going to be alright, mate, you just need to let them work." He reassured.

"Haz, I can't live without her, I don't want to, I don't know what I'll do if I lose her." He cried, suddenly breaking down in Harrison's arms.

"And you're not going to lose her, they're going to make sure that she's okay, yeah?" he asked. Tom gulped and nodded as he tried to calm himself down.

"Come on, mate, sit down." Harrison nodded, gently pushing Tom down onto one of the seats. He took a deep breath, running his hands through his hair and hoping to god that Y/N would be okay.