Going public

Tom's P.O.V

Tom lay in bed, wide awake with his arm wrapped around Y/N's waist, her asleep on his chest. He looked down at her and sighed, knowing fine well what would be said about her once people found out that they were dating. He leant his head down and pressed his lips to her hair, lingering there for a moment before resting his head back against his pillow. He gulped, hoping that she wouldn't get too much hate. Suddenly, he got an idea. His eyes widened slightly. He sat up slowly, gently easing Y/N off of him and onto the bed so that he could sit up. He grabbed his phone and scrolled through his emails, to the one from the restaurant photographer containing the photos of their first date. A smile crept onto his lips as he selected one and started to put his plan into motion.

Y/N's P.O.V

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I heard birds chirping outside. I opened my eyes fully, smiling as Tom was still soundly asleep next to me, his arm wrapped securely around my waist so that my back was pressed to his bare chest. I chuckled at him before reaching forwards and grabbing my phone from the bedside table. I clicked onto Instagram and my eyes widened at what I saw. I sat up as I saw Tom's latest post, which was one of the photos taken on our first date. I bit my lip and smiled, the photo showing Tom's hand on my cheek as we kissed, the fairy lights and canape of the restaurant making the photo even more magical. Tears pricked my eyes as I read the caption:

TomHolland2013: Hey everyone, I just wanted to share this photo with the world, as it's one that I very much love and think is beautiful. Yes, it's of me on a date and kissing my best friend, @Y/I/N. Except for the fact that she's not my best friend anymore, she's my girlfriend :). I've waited a long time for us to be together, and I'm sure that you'll all support us in this no matter what, and so I thank you for it. Love you guys, thank you for the support :) xxx.

I bit my lip, smiling at how sweet Tom's post was. I put my phone down before rolling back over so that I was facing Tom's sleeping figure. I leant down and gently pressed my lips to his as I held his face. I couldn't help but smile into it as I felt him kiss back, his hand moving to cup the back of my neck and pull me closer to him.

"Hmm." He mumbled as I pulled away and his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"That was possibly the best way to wake up, what did I do to deserve that?" he chuckled, making me smile and bite my lip.

"I saw your post going public about us. It was just very sweet." I nodded.

"Oh, that old thing? Nah." he smiled, making me laugh as I leant down and pressed our lips together again.

Tom smashed our lips together as we stumbled into his dressing room, his hands gripping my hips as he shoved his foot against the door, closing it.

"Someone's eager." I giggled against his lips as he shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders, not once breaking the kiss.

"That's not my fault, I did tell you not to wear that outfit to the interview." He smirked, me returning it as he gripped my waist and moved his kisses down to my neck, sucking on the skin.

"Jesus, Tom." I moaned as I felt his teeth graze the skin, surely leaving marks that the makeup artist would have fun covering up.

"Do that again." He mumbled as he pulled my top over my head, leaving me in my bra as he curled his hands under my thighs and lifted me up, my legs wrapping around his waist.

"Do what again?" I asked as he dropped me onto the sofa before crawling over me, his body in between my legs.

"Moan my name, because that shit is hot." He stated as he sat up slightly but only enough to pull his t-shirt over his head, revealing to me his chiselled chest and abs.

"Make me." I smirked. He returned it before joining our lips again, intertwining his fingers with mine as he pinned my hands above my head. I closed my eyes and arched my back into his chest as he kissed and sucked on my skin, his lips in the crook of my neck.

"Guys, are you ready-JESUS!" my eyes shot open and Tom scrambled off of me to reveal Harrison stood at the now open door. I quickly grabbed my top and covered myself from Harrison's view as he shielded his eyes with his hand.

"Mate, get out!" Tom exclaimed.

"I came in to tell you that he's ready for you, I thought that you were capable of keeping your hands off of each other for five minutes, but obviously I was wrong." He nodded, his hand still over his eyes as he shut the door. I sighed, looking at Tom as he chuckled and shook his head.

"At least we weren't doing more?" I gulped as I pulled my top back on, Tom doing the same.

"We nearly were, darling." He smirked, making me smile as he leant down and kissed me again.

Tom and I stood backstage on James Cordon's Late Late Show, waiting to go on. I took a deep breath, smoothing the skirt of my dress out against my legs but being comforted by Tom's hand on my waist, his thumb gently moving up and down against it.

"Hello and welcome to the Late Late Show, I hope everyone is having a great night. Our guest tonight is the one and only Tom Holland, who shocked the world a mere week ago by announcing that his best friend, Y/N Y/L/N, is his new girlfriend, despite both of them claiming on this very stage half a year ago that they were nothing more than friends. Now, since Tom and I are such good mates, I have managed to bag you lot an exclusive interview with the young star and his new love interest. Please put your hands together, for Tom Holland and Y/N Y/L/N!" James exclaimed, making everyone clap and cheer as Tom led me onto the stage. We both smiled and waved to the audience, Tom shaking James' hand and me hugging him before sitting down.

"Tom, my window to ask you out on a date has now closed, as you're officially dating this lovely lady." James smiled, making Tom and I return it as the audience laughed.

"Yeah, I am. Probably the best decision I ever made." Tom smiled at me, making me bite my lip as the audience made an "aww" sound and Tom curled his arm around my waist.

"So, I think that everyone is intrigued to find out how this happened, because it was only half a year ago that you two were declaring right here that you were no more than friends, so, what happened?" James asked. I looked at Tom to answer, and I could tell that he was thinking as his eyes wandered around slightly, his hand rubbing over his chin.

"I think that with us, it was a long time coming. Honestly, we've been flirting for years, but the timing has never been perfect, either because I've had a girlfriend or Y/N's had a boyfriend. But I think that our story was one of those where we're meant to be together, but it would take us a while to get the timing right. And that's what's happened, it's taken us ten years, but I think we've finally synced together." Tom chuckled, looking at me and making me smile.

"And I'm glad we did. So far, it's been the best month of my life, and I'm not exaggerating." I smiled, making the audience "aww" as Tom returned my smile.

"Do you think that you two are it then? Are you two each other's ones?" James asked. I bit my lip, looking at Tom as he did the same.

"I don't know about her, James, but for me, yes. She's the one." He nodded as he just looked at me. I bit my lip, trying to stop tears from falling as I leant in and gently kiss him, him smiling into it as the audience cheered and whooped.