Tom leaves

Sunlight lightened my vision, the slight breeze against my skin telling me that one of us had forgotten to close the bedroom windows the night before. Not that it mattered, the fact that it was summer meant that the breeze was mild at the coldest. My eyes fluttered open slowly, the subtle sting of sleep still present in my eye. I opened my eyes fully, making a small smile spread onto my lips as my head was still against Tom's chest, the still lingering smell of his cologne dancing into my nose. I briefly turned over to look at my phone, my smile dipping as I pressed the home button to reveal the numbers 10:05 am. Only five minutes before Tom's alarm was set so that he'd be up in time for his flight to LA. I sighed, rolling over again and straddling the man before resting my head on his chest. I closed my eyes again as I heard Tom hum slightly, shifting underneath me as his arms moved to wrap around me.

"Hmm, I suddenly can't breathe that well...oh, it's alright, it's just my fiancé on my chest." He teased into my ear, making me smile and look up at him. He returned my smile, giving me a look full of love as he moved his hand from my waist to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Morning, beautiful." He smiled softly.

"Hey." I sighed.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"You're leaving today. This is the last time that we're going to be like this, in god knows how long." I choked. Tom sighed and nodded, allowing me to lie my head back down so that my nose was resting against his neck.

"I know, sweetheart. But there's only a month and a half until my first break, and we can facetime and text, and I'll fly you out at every chance I get, okay? The Russo Brothers are really nice with the cast having family members on-sight, so you can always come over to stay for a while, and if we decide that it's too much, you can always move out there with me for a year." He nodded.

"I know, I just...I'm going to miss the smell of your cologne in the morning, or the way you wrap your arms around me from behind when I'm in the kitchen, don't get me started on how I'm going to live without the sex." I huffed, making Tom laugh and look at me.

"Well, how about we go at it one last time, to give you a good parting memory?" he smirked, looking at my lips.

"What a romantic way to phrase it." I teased, rolling my eyes playfully. Tom's smirk widened as he gently took the back of my neck and pulled my head down so that our lips met. I returned it, sinking further into his chest and running my hands along his naked abs as his fingers danced up my thighs and under his dress shirt that I was wearing. Suddenly, his alarm started going off, making me groan as he broke the kiss. He sighed as he grabbed his phone and turned the alarm off before looking at me.

"Don't say it." I groaned, resting my forehead against Tom's chest and making him sigh again.

"We're out of time, babe. I've got to get ready." He spoke apologetically as he gently sat up and rolled over so that I rolled off of him and back onto my side of the bed with a soft thud. I watched with a sigh as he stood up and walked to the wardrobe, grabbing some clothes from the space.

"I don't suppose you need to take a shower?" I asked hopefully, making him smile and look at me.

"Why aren't you coming with me again?" he chuckled, looking at me as he put new boxers on and stepped into his jeans.

"Because I have a job, and we have a dog and an apartment to look after." I scoffed.

"Technically, Tess is my dog." He teased, walking towards the bed.

"Thomas Stanley Holland, you do not want to start this fight after you've left me sexually frustrated and are about to leave me for two months." I warned. He chuckled and shook his head as he leant down onto the bed, trapping me by placing his arms either side of my body.

"Love you." He smiled, making me playfully roll my eyes as he pecked my lips before heading into the en-suite. I sighed, lying back down and sinking into the scent of Tom's pillow as I tried to hide the tears that came with knowing that he'd be gone in a matter of hours.

"You've got everything? Phone, wallet, charger, underwear, t-shirts, socks?" Nicki asked, running through her list as I stood at the airport terminal with Tom, his family and Harrison.

"Yes, mum, I have everything. Even if I didn't, it's a bit too late now, the plane leaves in ten minutes." Tom chuckled.

"I know, honey, it's just that I worry." She sighed.

"I know you do, mum." He nodded, giving her a small smile before leaning down and hugging her. Tears pricked my eyes, the sensation of Harrison's arm around me slightly comforting me as Tom hugged his dad and brothers goodbye.

"Be good for mum and dad, yeah? And don't let Sam and Harry boss you around." Tom nodded, down on his knee in front of Paddy.

"Oy, don't ruin our plans." Harry teased, making Tom roll his eyes playfully at the boy.

"I'll be good for mum and dad if you bring me back a souvenir." Paddy bargained. Tom pretended to think for a moment before smiling and nodding as he stood up.

"It's a deal, little man." He chuckled, ruffling the boy's hair before turning to Harrison.

"Take care of yourself, mate. And take care of Y/N for me too." He nodded as they tightly hugged each other.

"I always do. You know I'll look after her." Harrison returned. Tom nodded again and gave him a thanking smile before turning to me. I looked up at him timidly, not wanting him to see the tears in my eyes. He sighed before wrapping his arms around me, engulfing me in a hug that I happily accepted.

"I'll be back before you know it, darling. The time will fly by, and we'll be together again, yeah?" he asked, soothing me by rubbing his hands up and down my back. I gulped and nodded as I looked up at him.

"I love you, sweetheart." He mumbled with a small smile as he gently moved a strand of hair out of my face.

"I love you too, Tommy." I returned. He gave me another small smile before leaning down and joining our lips. I returned it without hesitation, holding his face and trying to remember what his lips felt like as tears left my eyes. After all, this would be the last time that I'd be kissing him for the foreseeable future. Tom broke the kiss reluctantly, touching our foreheads before opening his eyes.

"I'll call you when I land, yeah?" he asked, moving his fingers in the way that he knew soothed me against my waist.

"Please do." I nodded. He returned it and gave me a small smile before gently pecking my lips again. I tried not to wince as he pulled away and grabbed his bag. I took Harrison's arm and wrapped it around my shoulder, making my best friend sigh and kiss my head, his arm across my collarbones as I held it there.

"I'll see you guys, soon." Tom smiled, looking at everyone.

"Have fun, and be sensible!" Nicki exclaimed, all of us waving as he headed towards the gate.

"Always am, mum." He chuckled before looking at me again.

"I love you." He mouthed.

"Love you too." I returned. He gave me one last small smile, his eyes wavering as he gave the rest of his family a forced smile before disappearing through the gate and out of sight. A choke left my lips, trying to hold back the tears as Tom's family gave me sympathetic smiles, his brothers patting me on the shoulder as they left.

"You want to go get coffee, mate? Take your mind off of this?" Harrison asked, looking down at me. I sighed and nodded, forcing a smile as I looked at him.

"Yeah, Haz. I'd like that." I spoke. He nodded again, giving me a small smile and kissing my head again as we started to leave the airport, me still in the slight comfort of Harrison's arm.