Cherry

"So, this guy is ready to beat the shit out of me, and me being the cocky guy that I am, I say "you and what army", which is obviously when this guy's absolutely massive friend appears behind him." Harrison smiled. All of us laughed at the story as Harrison, Tom and I sat in Tom's parents' house, having dinner with his parents and brothers.

"What happened? He kill you?" Dom chuckled.

"Yeah, I hate to break it to you guys, but the funeral is Saturday." Harrison nodded, all of us practically crying with laughter.

"You always have the best stories, Harrison. Boys, can you clean up?" Nicki asked, looking at the twins and Paddy.

"Alright." Sam sighed as him, Harry and Paddy started to collect up the dishes and take them to the kitchen.

"She said all of us, Tom." Harry teased, ruffling Tom's gelled hair as he walked past our chairs.

"Oy!" Tom exclaimed, Sam and Paddy snickering.

"Actually, I said "boys", I'm not letting Tom clear up tonight." Nicki shook her head.

"Yeah, I'll do it when I'm not celebrating my engagement." Tom scoffed, making me smile as I looked at the beautiful ring that had been on my finger for a week now.

"Speaking of which, you have to tell us what happened. I love a good engagement story, especially if it's my own son's!" Nicki squealed, making Tom and I chuckle as we looked at each other.

"Yeah, I want to hear too, I got separate calls from both of them after it happened, both of them practically too excited to talk." Harrison smiled. Tom looked at me.

"Go on, darling, it's all you." He nodded, smiling at me as he put his arm around me and gently moved his hand up and down my back. I returned it and nodded before looking at Harrison and Tom's parents.

"So, he had literally just gotten back from visiting you guys, and I was in the living room, cleaning up a bit and listening to music. He asked me to dance, so we danced for a bit, and then he suddenly just pulled away, saying that he couldn't wait. I started to get worried, I was stood there thinking that I was about to get broken up with or something." I scoffed.

"Sly little bastard." Harrison smirked, making Tom chuckle and shake his head as I looked at him.

"After he said that he couldn't wait, he took the ring out of his pocket and got down on one knee." I nodded, happily reliving the memory in my head as Tom and I just stared at each other, small smiles on both of our faces.

"Aw, that's adorable, honey. Though, I must say that I'm surprised that you proposed as soon as you got the ring. I thought you would have at least waited a couple of days." Nicki shrugged. Tom returned it before looking at me again.

"What can I say, mum? I just couldn't wait to ask Y/N to spend the rest of her life with me." He nodded. I smiled and bit my lip, trying to stop the tears as I leant in and pressed our lips together. Tom smiled into it, gently cupping my cheek to bring me closer.

"Ew." we broke the kiss and looked towards the source of the noise to see Paddy stood at the doorway to the kitchen, his nose scrunched up.

"What do you need, Paddy?" Dom sighed, Tom playfully rolling his eyes to me over the fact that our moment had been interrupted by his youngest brother.

"I could use some help drying the dishes." The boy nodded.

"Alright, I'll go." I returned the nod as I stood up.

"Nonsense, Y/N, this is your engagement dinner." Nicki protested.

"Honestly, Mrs Holland, it's no trouble, I'm happy to help." I reassured.