Talking to Tom

I lay in my bed, tears still rolling down my cheeks and soaking the pearl-white pillow that cradled my head as I stared up at the ceiling. I still couldn't grasp the fact that I was pregnant, especially with Tom's baby. Even a year ago, I'd laugh at anyone who suggested that I'd be in this position, and ten years from now, I'd be over the moon to be starting a family with him. But right now, it was horrific.

"Y/N, you up?" I heard Harrison's muffled voice sound. I sighed and sat up, looking down and gently placing a hand against my stomach that seemed to be growing more and more every day, but I knew that that was just my mind playing tricks on me.

"Coming." I spoke as I stood up and wrapped Tom's dress shirt around my body. We may have been fighting, but the scent of his cologne against my skin still made my heart flutter. I sighed, buttoning up the shirt before opening the door and heading out. I walked into the living room, my eyebrows furrowing as Harrison stood in front of the playing TV, arms crossed over his chest as he watched the MTV news.

"Haz, what's going on?" I asked, alerting him to my presence as he looked at me.

"You need to see this." He nodded. More confusion filled my head as I went to stand next to my best friend as he turned the volume up. My heart sank slightly as the image on-screen was of Tom trying to fight his way through a crowd of paparazzi, his red and puffy eyes making it clear that he hadn't stopped crying for days.

"Tom Holland was spotted leaving yet another café in London, without his girlfriend, Y/N Y/L/N. Here's the footage sent to us by one of the press recorders." The news anchor spoke before the footage started to play.

"Tom! Where's Y/N?! Did you guys break up?!" one yelled as Tom tried to make his way through the crowd and to his car.

"Tom, why have you been without Y/N, and very upset recently? Did something happen?" another shouted.

"Please, just leave me alone, I just want to get home to my dog." He nodded, still trying to push through the crowd. I gulped, waves of guilt washing over me at the fact that he was in this situation. One that no one deserved to be in.

"Why are you just going home to Tessa? Will Y/N not be there too?!"

"Do you want to know what happened?!" Tom suddenly snapped, turning to face the photographers with anger in his eyes. My eyes widened slightly.

"I fucked up, okay? That's what happened, I fucked up, and I ruined the only real relationship that I've ever had. I pushed away the only girl that I've been truly in love with, and through every fault of my own, I lost the love of my life." He nodded. I choked slightly, putting a hand over my mouth at his words. Tom sighed and looked down, a tear leaving his eye as the cameras flashed relentlessly.

"I did things that I shouldn't have done, and I pushed Y/N away. She's amazing, and kind, and beautiful, and everything in between, and I lost that because I was an asshole. That's what happened." He spoke before looking into the camera.

"Y/N, if you're listening, please, come home. I know that I probably look so pathetic right now, but I couldn't give less of a shit, because none of this is worth it unless you're by my side. You're the love of my life, I haven't slept since you left because I can't sleep anymore unless you're in my arms. Please, come home." He choked. I returned it, tears leaving my eyes as I subtly put my hand against my stomach. Harrison looked at me and sighed.

"Thank you." Tom mumbled before opening the door to his car and climbing in, the paparazzi still shouting at him and taking pictures.

"I think it's about time that you two talk. About a couple of things." Harrison nodded, looking at the hand that was against my stomach. I gulped and looked at him before hesitantly returning the nod.

"Can you tell him to come over, please?" I mumbled.

"Sure." He nodded, giving me a small reassuring smile and kissing my head as he got his phone out.

I sat on my sofa, bumping my knee nervously as I waited for Tom to arrive. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. I gulped, trying to swallow my nerves as I stood up. I opened the door, gulping as Tom stood on my doorstep. I could tell from the same red and puffy eyes that I had seen on the news that he probably hadn't stopped crying since our fight.

"Hey." He mumbled quietly.

"U-um, hey...come in." I mumbled, standing to the side. He gave me a small smile, his hands in his leather jacket pockets as he walked in.

"Harrison said that you needed to talk to me. Is it about what I said to the paparazzi?" he asked as he sat down.

"N-no. I mean, that was so sweet, but no. There's something more pressing that I need to talk to you about." I admitted as I sat down on the opposite sofa to him. He raised his eyebrows, hinting for me to continue as I looked down at my hands.

"I, erm, have no idea how to say this but, um...I took a home pregnancy test." I admitted. Tom's eyes immediately widened.

"Oh my god." He gulped, making me return it as I nodded.

"It was positive, Tom. I'm pregnant." I choked. Tom's eyes wavered and he looked down as he ran his hands through his hair, something I knew that he did when he was stressed.

"A-are you sure? I don't know, you're sure that you took it properly and everything?" he gulped, looking back at me.

"I'm sure, Tom." I nodded, tears leaving my eyes. He sighed and returned it, biting at his knuckle as he clearly tried to think.

"Look, I know that we're not in the best place right now, but I need to know what you want to do. Because you're always travelling, which is fine, obviously, but I don't want to be looking after a baby for months on end by myself, and it's not fair on Haz to have to help us deal with something that's our mistake." I spoke. Tom looked at me.

"Are you saying that you want an abortion, Y/N?" he scoffed. My eyes wavered.

"I don't know, Tom." I choked, looking down and burying my face in my shaking hands. Tom sighed and stood up before coming to sit next to me. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his body.

"It's going to be okay, we'll figure this out and get through it. We're in this together." He reassured. I looked at him.

"Tom, you do know that we also have to talk about us, don't you? Because if I am pregnant, I don't want to raise my baby without a dad." I shook my head. Tom's eyes wavered and he sighed.

"I know, we have a lot to talk about, babe. But for now, let's focus on confirming the pregnancy, okay? Have you been to see a doctor yet?" he asked.

"No. I haven't exactly been thinking straight recently." I mumbled. Tom sighed and nodded, rubbing his hand over his chin as he thought.

"Okay. Well, how about you make an appointment, and then we go from there, yeah?" he gulped. I looked at him and nodded.

"I'm sorry, Tom, I'm so sorry." I choked.

"Hey, don't you dare. You know that this is down to both of us. We're going to get through this, I promise." He nodded. I returned it and gulped, allowing Tom to pull me into his arms as I rested my head in the crook of his neck, him pressing gentle kisses to my head.