The new boyfriend

~Two months later~

Tom's P.O.V

"Just here, mate. Thanks." Tom smiled as the taxi pulled up to Y/N's house. Tom had decided to surprise Y/N by flying out to come see them, Harrison already knowing the plan. He paid the driver before grabbing the flowers and the box of chocolates that he had bought for Y/N, clambering out of the taxi with them and his bags. He headed up the path and rang the doorbell, ready to see his best friend. He couldn't help but also feel nervous too. After all, this was the trip that he'd be using to confess his feelings to her. The door opened and Tom's smile dropped slightly as Harrison stood there.

"Oh, hey, mate. I thought that Y/N would answer the door." Tom chuckled.

"I can tell." Harrison spoke as he nodded towards the flowers and box of chocolates.

"How do you know that they're not for you?" Tom teased as he walked in, Harrison shutting the door behind him. Harrison blew him an air kiss in response, making him chuckle as he put his stuff down and looked around.

"Where's Y/N, then?" Tom asked, looking at Harrison.

"Out with Caleb." He shrugged. Tom's eyebrows furrowed.

"Who's Caleb?" he chuckled. Harrison's eyes widened slightly, and his mouth fell open.

"She didn't tell you..." he mumbled.

"Tell me what, Haz? Who is Caleb?" Tom scoffed. Harrison sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Caleb is Y/N's boyfriend." He admitted. Tom's eyes wavered at the confession, and he felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. The two of them had only been apart for a couple of months, and Tom thought that Y/N loved him, though perhaps not enough to wait for him to finally come to his senses.

"Oh. When, um, when did that happen?" he asked, trying to play it off as cool.

"About a week after we got back. She met him at a party that Harry threw." Harrison admitted. Tom's eyes widened.

"You're kidding. My own brother set them up?" he scoffed, Harrison just nodding in response.

"I've got to say, though, mate, I have limited sympathy for you. I mean, you've been pining after her for god knows how long and yet you've never made a move. Did you just think that she'd never try to move on?" he shrugged. Tom sighed and looked down.

"I don't know, I just...I thought that she loved me enough to wait for me." He mumbled.

"That's the issue. You made her wait too long." Harrison nodded. Tom's eyes wavered and he looked down.

"I guess I did, huh." He mumbled, sighing again as he gently chucked the box of chocolates onto the coffee table.

Y/N's P.O.V

"Did you have a good time?" Caleb asked, our hands joined as he walked me up the path to my house.

"Of course I did, I was with you." I returned. He smiled and nodded before leaning down and kissing me. I returned it, holding his face.

"Ahem." I broke the kiss and looked to my now open door, wincing slightly as Harrison stood there.

"Hey, Caleb." Harrison gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Mate." Caleb nodded in return as I looked at Harrison with furrowed eyebrows.

"Haz, what are you doing here?" I scoffed.

"Lovely to see you too. We were meant to facetime Tom an hour ago, and so I let myself in when you weren't here." He shrugged.

"Fuck, I forgot about that." I sighed. Since Tom had failed to confess his feelings for me two months ago, I had tried to move on and had ended up with Caleb. Since then, I had tried everything to stop myself from thinking about Tom, yet the attractive boy seemed to still be on my mind twenty-four-seven.