The new apartment

Tom and I sat in his car, him driving us to our new apartment.

"So, you looking forward to seeing the apartment?" Tom asked, his hand on my thigh as he drove the car through Kingston.

"I am. Though, I'm a bit nervous. I mean, this is the place that we'll be living for the foreseeable future." I chuckled nervously.

"You have no need to be. It's a beautiful apartment and I know that you'll love it." He smiled. I returned it, putting my hand over his as we continued to drive through Kingston. My eyes wandered up and widened slightly as we approached a beautiful and modern apartment building.

"I love some of the buildings in Kingston, you know." I mumbled, making Tom follow my gaze.

"You like that building?" he asked.

"Yeah, look at it. It's beautiful, modern, have you seen the windows on it?" I scoffed.

"I'm glad that you like it, sweetheart, because it's where our apartment is." He admitted as he drove into the carpark. My eyes widened and I looked at him.

"No." I smiled, making him chuckle as he parked the car and turned off the engine.

"Yeah, babe. You ready to see it?" he asked. I squealed and threw the car door open, making him laugh as I climbed out of the car.

"You want to wait for me, darling?" Tom shouted after me, laughing as I ran straight to the doors of the building.

"No, I want to see my new home." I smiled. He returned it and shook his head, taking my waist as he reached me.

"You're not getting near it without this, babe." He smirked, kissing my head as he got a key card out of his wallet and swiped it in the key-pad that sat against the glass doors. It clicked open, Tom holding the door open for me as I walked in.

"Oh my god." I gawped as I looked around the lobby. The building was like something out of a movie, plush furnishings decorating the golden area, a chandelier hanging from the tall ceiling and a doorman stood by the glass doors.

"Tom, this is incredible." I shook my head.

"Wait until you see the actual apartment." He smiled. I returned it and let Tom hold my waist as he walked us to the regal elevators and pressed the up button. We stepped in and my eyes widened again as Tom pressed the top button.

"Tom...you didn't buy the penthouse, did you?" I gulped. He looked at me.

"I did, actually." He smiled.

"Tom, how much did you spend on this apartment?" I gulped again.

"Hey, it's okay. I can afford it, we needed a more permanent place and provided that you like it, it'll be where we live for the foreseeable future. It was an investment, darling." He reassured. I sighed and looked at him.

"Alright." I nodded. He gave me a small smile and kissed my head as the elevator stopped and the doors opened. Tom dug into his pocket again as we walked out of the elevator and to the pristine white door that sat in front of it. Tom unlocked the door and swung it open. My eyes widened as we walked in, a gasp leaving my lips as I saw the apartment.

"Tom." I mumbled, making him smile as he kissed my head again. The apartment was beautiful, the open-plan style of it making it modern and flooded with light. The living room sat to the right of the front door, overlooking a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, the same view being seen from the kitchen that sat behind the living room. A grand piano sat in the far right corner in the room, with a long dinner table and chairs making up the last corner.