The "talk"

I stood in mine and Tom's bedroom, getting ready for dinner with his parents and brothers.

"Babe." I looked up and raised my eyebrows as Tom walked in, hinting for him to go on.

"No tie, or this tie?" he asked, holding up a dark blue tie.

"You never wear a tie." I chuckled.

"I know, but mum and dad bought it for me to wear to the first Spiderman premiere, so I wear it for special occasions." He shrugged. I looked at him.

"It's just dinner with your parents, Tommy, what's special about it?" I asked as I put my earrings in.

"Well, we're showing them the apartment that I bought for us to live in permanently together. Asking you to move in with me is the first serious step to them." He replied, coming up behind me and placing his hands on my waist.

"We've been serious since we started dating." I chuckled.

"They don't know that, though." He shrugged. I sighed and looked at him through the mirror.

"No tie. A tie will just get in the way of me undressing you later." I teased. Tom smirked and nodded, gently kissing my head before leaving the room again. I sighed, smoothing my dress's skirt out against my legs as I heard the doorbell ring.

"Darling, they're here!" I heard Tom yell.

"Coming!" I responded, giving myself one last check over in the mirror before heading out into the rest of the apartment. I walked in, smiling at Tom's family as they spotted me.

"Y/N, how lovely to see you. You look beautiful." Nicki smiled as I hugged her.

"Thank you, Nicki. It's an old thing, this." I rolled my eyes playfully as I gestured to my dress, making her chuckle as I hugged Tom's brothers.

"Damn, Y/N. What did you do to get Tom to buy this place? I want a fancy apartment." Sam chuckled, hugging me as he looked around the open-plan room.

"I moved in with him, so unless you're willing to put up with your brother twenty-four-seven, you're out of luck." I teased.

"Dammit." He chuckled again, making me smile as I hugged Harry, Paddy and then Dom.

"So, who's going to give us a tour?" Harry asked.

"It'll have to be Y/N, I'm in the middle of cooking." Tom spoke as he returned to the kitchen.

"Can I help?" Sam asked.

"Definitely, yes, please." Tom chuckled, making Sam smile and pat him on the back as they started cooking.

"Let me show you around, Nicki." I spoke, handing her a glass of wine.

"Please do, Tom showed me the photos of the master bedroom when he was looking for places, it looked stunning." She gushed as we started to head down the hall.

"It is. I love watching the sunrise from the comfort of my bed." I chuckled, making her smile as I opened a door.

"Before that, though, this is the spare room. We're not sure what we're doing with it yet, but Tom is thinking about a home gym." I nodded, showing Nicki into the spare bedroom.

"Never mind Tom, you're the one who'll be here all the time, make him give you the room." She smiled, making me chuckle and nod.

"Or maybe, just maybe, it could be a nursery?" she asked. I looked at her.

"You think that we're ready for that?" I asked.

"I don't know, it could be a possibility. I mean, you're both twenty-five now, you have a stable home and a stable relationship. I know that Tom still travels a lot for work, but I'm sure you could handle it, and Dom and I are only half an hour away if you needed help, not to mention Harrison." She shrugged. I sighed and nodded, looking down at my fingers.

"I won't lie, Nicki, I have thought about it. But Tom's career is at its peak right now, I don't want to jeopardise that because I know that he'll want to be with me and be a dad if I do get pregnant." I gulped.

"True. Obviously no pressure, honey. You and Tom will start a family when you're ready." She reassured.

"That we will, Nicki, that we will." I smiled, making her return it and put her hand on my arm. Suddenly, we heard a camera go off, making us look to the doorway to see Harry lowering his camera.

"Good shot?" I teased, making him smile.

"Beautiful. Tom sent me to get you, dinner's ready." Harry stated.

"Thanks, love." Nicki nodded, making Harry return it as he disappeared from the doorway.

"Come on, I can't wait to try the salmon." She chuckled. I smiled and nodded as she headed for the doorway. My smile dipped slightly, and I gulped, looking around the room as I thought about what Nicki had said. I swallowed my small bundle of nerves and let the smile return to my face as I followed after Nicki.

"Don't forget my showcase next Saturday." Harry spoke as Tom's family got their coats and shoes on, ready to leave.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, mate." Tom reassured, patting him on the back.

"Thank you for dinner, you two. It was lovely." Nicki smiled, kissing Tom's cheek before hugging me.

"Yeah, send me the recipe for that salmon." Sam nodded.

"Will do. Safe journey, see you guys later." Tom smiled, gently ruffling Paddy's hair and hugging his dad goodbye as the others started to leave. I let out a breath, Tom doing the same as the door shut behind them.

"I love them, but dinner with my family is always very full-on." He chuckled.

"I agree." I returned.

"Now then, I think that we've earned some "us" time." He nodded as he walked to me and bent down. I squealed as he took my legs and lifted me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Tommy!" I laughed as he carried me through the apartment and to our bedroom.

"What? You know what that dress does to me." He teased, making me laugh again as he smacked my ass. He returned my laughs as he gently dropped me onto the bed, making me smirk as he crawled on top of me and joined our lips. I returned it, holding his face to bring him closer. Suddenly, I remembered something.

"Wait, wait." I gulped, breaking the kiss.

"You alright, love?" Tom asked. I gulped and looked at him.

"Y-yeah, it's just that, um...before, when I was showing your mum around the apartment, she asked if we were considering turning the spare room into a nursery." I admitted. Tom's eyes widened slightly, and he sat up.

"Oh." He gulped.

"Yeah. She asked if we were considering kids and everything, and I guess just wanted to see where we were at with it." I nodded. He looked at me.

"And what did you say?" he asked.

"That I didn't think we were quite ready, considering that you still travel a lot and everything, but it made me realise that we've never really had a conversation about it and that we probably should." I gulped. He sighed and nodded as he looked at me.

"I've got to say, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I want a family with you, but now's just not the right time. I'm away all of the time, you'd be left to take care of them by yourself, not to mention that obviously, I want to be a present dad." He scoffed.

"Yeah, of course, I agree. That's what I told her." I reassured. He nodded and crawled over me again, pinning me to the bed as he reached over to my bedside table and opened the drawer.

"So, we're agreed. Yes to kids, but not yet. Someday." He nodded.

"Someday." I repeated.

"Just not today." He smiled, making me laugh as he held a condom wrapper up.

"Agreed." I giggled. He chuckled and shook his head before leaning down and joining our lips again.