✧ RELATIONSHIP HISTORY ✧

2018-?

Mark Lee | NCT

Mark Lee | NCT

Mark and Fai never knew each other prior to debut, they've known of each other's existence but did not become friends until December during award season in their debut year, 2016.

Due to them knowing the same languages, Fai and Mark became good friends. They didn't talk often, but they would catch up occasionally.

It wasn't until around the gayo season of 2017 where the two became very close. The two started to spend a lot of time together which eventually lead to them catching feelings for each other.

Then came a period where it got awkward between them, they were stuck at a bump and they didn't know what to do. They never officially talked about their feelings even though it was obvious that something was there between them. Neither of them were in a relationship before and they had no idea what to do.

Fai talked to Yoongi about how she was feeling, well it was filled with hypotheticals.

"My friend likes this guy and she's sure this guy likes her back, but they aren't talking to each other about it. What do you think she should do?"

"Is this about you?"

"No, I told you it was my friend."

"You don't even have friends."

"What do you mean, I do have friends?"

"Your friends are guys."

"I do know girls though! Plus, it's 2018 Oppa, we're accepting."

"Well you, I mean your friend, should just go talk to the guy if she's so sure that he likes her back then what is she going to lose with doing it?"

So with that little push by Yoongi, Fai asked Mark if they could meet up and they talked it out. They admitted their feelings for each other and that's about it.

"Since you're my boyfriend can you get me some M&Ms?"

"Wait, I'm your boyfriend?"

"Yeah and you have been for three seconds now."

"Great, I'll be right back."

It took around a month for both of them to get used to the fact that they're dating. As mentioned before, they're rookies when it comes to dating and they had absolutely no idea whether what they were doing was right or not.

So they talked about it, they acknowledged that they were newbies and agreed that they will try their best. Them talking about their feelings became a habit of theirs, they never argue. If they disagree, they just talk it out, it was much easier and less stressful to both of them.

Both of their companies knew about their relationship and were fine about it. Bighit at first were very worried about it, Fai was so young and they believed that the girl knew nothing about love. Which was true. SM, however, didn't care, all they told Mark was to be careful of himself and Fai, to take his relationship slowly and seriously. As both Fai and Mark wanted to keep their relationship private, the companies also kept their wishes stating that there will be a time where they will have to and they will wait for it.

After Fai completed her World tour in June, it was a smooth sail for the two especially during September as they were not doing anything in particular.

The two always make sure that they have talked at least once a day. Their hectic work schedules causes them to travel a lot, meaning it would be easy for them to forget that they have to talk to each other. So they made a pact that they would put their 100% effort into their relationship, and they did.

Not many people know about their relationship. It was just friends, family and the company that knew about their relationship. Mark does have a private Instagram account where he keeps in touch with his Canadian friends, he often posts pictures of Fai and him. Bighit hated that idea of Mark posting pictures on his private account, however, they could not do anything about it as Mark was not apart of their company.

Whenever the two are together, all you can hear is laughter. When Fai first met Mark she told him that if she laughs with her windshield wiper laugh, then that means the person who made her laugh is special. Once she did make the laugh at something stupid they both did, Mark fell even harder. He made it his mission that she would laugh like that even more and she did.