✧ FAI'S FASHION ✧

⋰˚☆ Fai's Stylist Answers Most Asked Questions

Posted on: BigHit Fai

16,471,952 views • September 02, 2019

Hello everyone, I am Kang Sooyoung. I am one of the people in charge of Fai's styling. Today I will be reading comments and questions regarding a stylist's job.

We are a team of four. In the team, we also have Choi Sunghee, Lee Jaewon and Jang Woohyuck. So we're two males and females and collectively we style Fai.

The four of us have been styling Fai since debut so we know Fai's preferences really well. I would believe that we're a good team, we're experienced and we know what we're doing. I'd say that we dress her really well.

How did you find yourself in this career?

I have thirteen years of experience in this field. I was a ceramic major while in college, I worked with pottery and stuff, in my second year I needed a job so I started to work under the stylist Han Hyeyeon. Then when I graduated I realised that I really enjoy working as a stylist so I continued. I have styled Shinee, Girls Generation, Miss A and BTS.

Jaewon was a friend of mine since High-School, when I started to work as a stylist I used to make him be my errand boy and then he found himself in this career. He's styled Super Junior, 2PM, Wonder Girls, and BTS as well.

Woohyuck has eight years of experience, he had an interest in clothes but he wasn't the best financially. So he decided if I don't have money to style myself, then I'll become a stylist and get money to style others. He has experience with NUEST, Orange Caramel and BTS.

Sunghee is the youngest among us, she has five years of experience. She was a fashion major and as she studied she gained experience working under a stylist and went on from there. She's worked with Mamamoo, Twice and Gfriend, then came when Fai was about to debut.

If you can sense a pattern, Jaewon, Woohyuck and I used to style BTS. Usually what happens is that stylists work under a styling company and they are able to work for multiple groups despite whatever agency they come from. But what happened is that BigHit recruited us to work under solely BigHit artists and this also goes for makeup and hairstylists. Everything that happens comes from in house stylists, the company don't enjoy sharing, so as stylists you need experience when it comes to styling because we're working with both genders.

Earlier in the year Tomorrow by Together debuted at a time when Fai wasn't promoting so both Woohyuck and Sunghee styled them as they know how to dress youthfully and brightly. Then BTS comeback so Jaewon helped style for the Dionysus stages and the darker concept photos.

What did you do?

I enjoyed my time with my husband and slept really well.

Are there any stereotypes as a stylist?

When I tell people I'm a stylist the first thing they say is 'please check my style'

Firstly, you need to pay. Give me the money then I'll check your style. I don't live for free.

"I'm so jealous of stylists, they always get to hang out with idols."