✧ MARK & FAI ✧

Mark looked at the calm river ahead of him. He was sat on a bench overlooking the Han river while waiting for Fai to show up. Mark checked his phone, 11:15 pm, she was fifteen minutes late. The two felt bored of hanging out at their dorms and decided to go out late at night as that decreases the chances of someone seeing them.
Mark looked to his left and as if on cue he saw Fai running over to the bench he was sat on.

Fai stood in front of Mark and handed him a bag. She smiled as he looked up to her, "For you." Mark took out the gift Fai bought him, it was a small crystal, "Your room is plain so I thought it would look nice."

"I guess it makes up for the fact that you made me wait here like a loner for fifteen minutes."

"Sorry," Fai leaned down and pecked Mark's lips then sat next to him, "So what're we going to do tonight?"

"Since everything's closed for the night except for night clubs, I thought we should just hangout here for a while."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

The two decided to sit in silence just staring at the river ahead of them. A couple of minutes later Mark spoke up, "Isn't the attention weird?"

"Sort of... Like the attention is a bit odd at first and it takes quite a while to get used to it, but now it just feels normal." Fai shrugged. Fai looked over to Mark who stayed still, his eyes fixated at the river ahead of him. "Is there anything bothering you?"

"The attention from the fans, I love it. But like.. The attention from the producers and choreographers and the members." He pauses in an attempt to figure out what he wanted to say. "There's a lot of pressure. Like... even though all the members need to seem perfect, it feels like I need to be extra perfect, like - you know? And then all my tiniest mistakes are pointed out, like I'm not centered enough or my head isn't at the right angle, or the way I pronounce a word needs to sound better or I'm trying to hit one specific note but I'm always a little flat or sharp... It's a lot."

"Mhmm," Fai said, making it clear that she's listening to Mark and wanting him to continue speaking.

"And... I feel so ungrateful because I know everyone's just trying to help me be better at my job. And I only end up in this situation because I'm... successful. It's stupid... I shouldn't feel so irritated at everyone and I shouldn't feel like this."

"No, you shouldn't invalidate your feelings," Fai said. Mark turned to look at Fai, "Just because you feel like you shouldn't be feeling this way, it doesn't mean you aren't. And the feelings won't just disappear because you believe they're wrong."

"I guess," Mark trailed, "I guess I'm ashamed at how petty I'm feeling. The way they critique me feels like they're flaming me."

"People tend to be bad at phrasing their thoughts and criticism. I think... Like harsh criticism work on some people and it doesn't with others. It's all down to whoever is giving the criticism though, they should be the ones who cater to people correctly and not the other way around."

"Do you think I'm bad at giving criticism?"

"I would say no. I think you're instinctively a nice person? So like, your speech pattern tends to be very genuine and warm."

"I want to apologise to you," Mark said slowly.

"What for?"

"I'm sorry for not being a good boyfriend."

"What makes you think like that?"

"I truly do put in one hundred percent of my effort and attention to you. But I feel like it isn't enough, you deserve more than that.."

"You're really negative towards yourself, you have to build some confidence. You're a great boyfriend and if I thought you were doing a shit job at it then we wouldn't have gotten this far."

"You really think?"

"I don't think, I know." Fai smiled widely looking at Mark, "Don't worry about it, you're the best."

"Well, that's comforting."

"I'm a comforting person, I'm great at this. I know."

"You're not that great."

Fai hit Mark's chest, "Ugh, whatever."

Mark widened his arms wanting Fai to cuddle into him, "Come here."

Fai smiled and snuggled into Mark's chest, "This is my favourite part of our relationship."

"That I'm warm? I have a great chest. You're right."

"Nevermind, I take it back." Fai looked up to the sky, "That's so weird, the stars are bright tonight."

"They're pretty."

"Shut up!" Fai yelled, punching Mark's arm in shock, "It's a shooting star! Dude, did you see that?

"Ow! I didn't even say anything."

"But you saw it though, right?" Fai asked Mark excitedly. Fai snuggled back into Mark's warm body and tilted her head back to look at his face. She was surprised to find that he was already looking at Fai, his eyes and slight smile not hiding his affection.

Using his free hand that wasn't wrapped around Fai's shoulders, Mark caressed her cheek, "I have everything I want right here at the tips of my fingers. How could I ever wish for more?"

"Facts."

Mark then put his hands as if they were binoculars and put them in front of Fai's eyes leaning forward, "The stars, they're right here."

Fai put her hand on Mark's chest, "What..."

"Admit it, you liked that," Mark teased Fai.

"Sort of yeah. My heart did race a bit."

Mark laughed at Fai and Fai joined along. That's how the rest of their night went on, they carried on laughing and teasing each other, simply just enjoying each other's presence.

⋰˚☆ FunkWav's Thoughts

yaaaay, so a lot of you guys voted for Mark & Fai to carry their relationship on so that's going to happen. I hope you guys liked this chapter, I tried to make it fluffy but I'm not sure if it's good.

Anyways, give me some feedback and what possible scenarios you'd like to see :)