✧ SOULMATES ✧

"It's so hot," Jaemin complained, "Let's go back inside, I'm dying here

"It's so hot," Jaemin complained, "Let's go back inside, I'm dying here."

"Stop complaining, it's not even as hot as you're making it out to be." Fai said.

It was the middle of August 2018. The NCT '00 line: Renjun, Jaemin, Haechan and Jeno were at Fai's apartment building, specifically her rooftop. They spent their entire evening cleaning her rooftop to make it as aesthetically pleasing as they could. They ordered a bunch of desserts to eat and were currently enjoying it.

"I just don't understand why you want to eat the desserts outside."

"Because the sky is really pretty..." Fai trailed.

"What sky? Our country is drowning in light pollution!" Jaemin screamed.

"Woah!" Fai exclaimed, "I can't believe you know what light pollution is."

"Why are you trying to insult us, All of us have our GED, except for you." Jeno said, "I think the shock should be the other way round."

"Aha, you're hilarious." Fai plainly said.

"So why'd we clean this?" Renjun asked

"Because my juniors are going to be moving in soon..." Fai shrugged, "I want them to be somewhere nice."

"Have you met them?"

"One of them was my backup dancer in Japan, I met the leader a couple of months later and the rest of them last week in LA."

"You must be excited."

"I am, finally people my age in the company. I love my seniors, but sometimes it gets awkward because of our age difference." Fai said, "Don't worry, you guys will always be my favourite though."

"No one was worried about that," Haechan muttered.

"Nevermind then." Fai shrugged looking at the sky, the friend group fell into a comfortable silence just taking their life in.

"Do you believe in the concept of soulmates?" Jeno asked breaking the silence.

"Like spiritually? The type where people believe that in the past life they shared a soul?" Fai asked to clarify.

"No, the type where you believe that you and the people are meant to meet each other."

"I think they exist yeah," Renjun nodded, "It doesn't have to be romantically though, there are different types of soulmates."

"Yeah like platonic soulmates," Fai agreed with Renjun, "The type where you can't see the person or the people in a romantic way, but you can see yourself being friends with them for the rest of your life."

"Like in the past life, you were friends with the person or people so your souls match in this life as well," Jaemin said.

Haechan spoke up, "I think there are certain people you will meet in your life who you just connect with more than anyone else, and you just know that it isn't a connection that'll last a couple of years, it's a connection you'll feel until the day you die. You just understand each other perfectly. And this person won't always be your significant other, I mean it could be your friend, sibling, parent, teacher or whoever. And the person won't be the one who shares every single thing in common with you, just someone who feels like home."

"Damn," Fai yelled hyping up Haechan, "Here take the rest of my brownie, for what you just said you deserve it."

"Well said, who would've ever thought that would be coming from you," Jeno said.

"I think about it, you know.. when you're in a hotel room alone at night," Haechan shrugged, "Don't expect more deep stuff coming from me though, impossible."

"So we aren't best friends," Fai started, all the guys looked at her weirdly. "We're fucking soulmates!"

"Platonic soulmates," Renjun clarified.

"Yeah ew, I'd rather shoot myself three times in the head than get with any of you."

"The feelings mutual."

Fai smiled getting all of them in a group hug, "I love you guys!"

"Me too."

"Me three."

"Me four."

"Same here."

They broke the hug, all prepared to choke Haechan. "You were meant to carry it on, come on!"

"Are you being serious, you genuinely ruined the vibe!" Jeno yelled.

"Whatever who cares," Haechan sat back to eat the brownie Fai gave him, "Let's just never do that again."

"Yeah," Fai agreed, "We acknowledged it, now let's move on."