✧ SOOMPI 03 ✧

Ex BigHit Trainee Speaks Up

01/06/2019

Ex BigHit trainee speaks about her time as a BigHit trainee and more specifically goes in depth to how idol Fai was while training.

The ex BigHit trainee will remain anonymous, however will be referred to as M, they have confirmed their identity and Soompi confirms that this person has indeed trained under BigHit.

M joined Bighit in October of 2014 with three other female trainees, slowly more female trainees came in. M said that the trainers were good, they taught basics of dancing, singing, rapping first then trainees were allowed to branch out and learn more complicated pieces. The trainers were very strict, the trainees had specific expectations and rules to abide by.

Some of the rules the trainees had to abide are:
-Classes starting at 4:45pm. 45mins after school ended.
-One day a week given off, curfew to comeback to the dorms were at 9:30pm
-Gym in the early morning prior to going to to school.
-No nail polish.
-No travelling.
-Be prepared for weekly language tests, trainees were taught Korean, Japanese, English and Mandarin.
-No junk food.
-Attend all classes

Fai was the last trainee who joined BigHit in June of 2015, by then BigHit had 30 female trainees. M said that it took Fai three weeks to complete all the basic training which is the fastest any trainee managed to do it. Afterwards, Fai would rank first in all categories every single month.
Bighit has annual summer training camps, the top 3 female and male trainees would be flown to LA and attend dance classes for three weeks. Fai was amongst the three trainees chosen despite the fact she only trained for two months at the time. M said that Yeonjun, the eldest of BigHit's new boy group, Tomorrow X Together, attended the same training camp as Fai, meaning that the two 'legendary BigHit trainees' trained together for three weeks.

M stated that BigHit were originally planning to debut a five member girl group however since Fai was miles ahead of everyone they quickly changed all their plans to debuting a soloist.

Every month BigHit released 3-5 female trainees, eventually by the time January of 2016 came along the company concluded that Fai would be the trainee to debut.

M said that Fai was extremely shy when she first came to Korea, her Korean skills were weak however she improved drastically as time progressed. M recounted a time where an argument occurred in their dorm, Fai ended up crying as she was unable to get her point across due to the language and culture barrier.

According to M, Fai didn't talk much to the trainees or at all, she would generally keep to herself. Though she kept to herself, she was close to the two managers the group of trainees had, a female and male who became Fai's official managers, however the female manager was laid off. Fai took her training extremely seriously, more often than not she would be the first to enter and the last to leave the training premises. On the weekends, Fai would often go visit her paternal side of the family. Eventually by October, Fai was allowed to move out of the dorms and she moved to her aunt's home.

Fai was extremely polite to the other trainees, she knew she was the youngest and trained for the shortest time, she took that into consideration and remained respectful to all her elders.

M recounted a precious memory she had with Fai. A time where M found it hard to keep up with training as it had suddenly gotten much harder. Fai found M crying in the dressing room, though there was a language barrier Fai tried her hardest to comfort M. Fai even went as far as helping M with choreography two hours after their class ended.

According to M, both she and the other trainees knew the second Fai walked into the building and attended her first class that she would 100% debut. She believes that out of all the trainees, Fai is the one who deserved to debut the most as it was evident she was the trainee who put the most effort.

When BigHit decided that Fai would be the trainee to debut, all female trainees were let go. BigHit told the trainees that they can either move to Source Music Entertainment or they can peacefully leave the company and train somewhere else. One trainee out of the final five moved to Source Music and the rest continued their life as normal people. According to M, BigHit no longer has any female trainees and don't plan casting any more younger trainees.

M sent a pre-debut dance video stating that Fai is the girl in the grey hoodie and red cap.
Soompi has sent the video to BigHit who confirmed that this is indeed a pre-debut video, the company has also given Soompi the permission to publish this video.

The video shows that Fai has been an incredible dancer and able to capture the eyes of the audience since her trainee days.
In addition, M's revelation also shows that Fai has always been a respectful person who truly deserved to debut.

Comments

1. they weren't lying when they said that fai was talented since day 1

2. she was the legendary female bighit trainee everyone was talking about? that makes so much sense

3. why don't bighit have any female trainees anymore?

4. she had abs since she was 15, now i have to work out too

5. it seems that after the GLAM situation BH were traumatised from girl groups which is why they debuted a 15 year old soloist since she would be too young to have any pre-debut scandals

- - -

⋰˚☆ FunkWav's Thoughts

So for my soloist book, what would you think of Jaehyun being the love interest and Joy (Red Velvet) being the female faceclaim?