✧ WIRED INTERVIEW ✧

Alright, hi everyone. I'm Fai and this is Wired's K-Pop Support.

Today, I'll use the power of Twitter and answer some questions about K-Pop a person may have.

Alright, the first tweet comes from Ayrie. Clearly they're a very curious person because they asked four questions but don't worry, I'll answer them all.

How does one define a K-Pop star?

Everyone defines it differently, some say that if you've trained in Korea and debut then you're a K-Pop Star. Some say if you just dance and sing in Korean then you're a K-Pop star. I don't know, everyone has their own definition that they can make up on their own as they go one.

Do they have to specifically be from Korea?

No. Especially lately the has been a large variety of nationalities that have been debuting. As you can tell from my accent, I'm Australian. There are Canadians, Americans, Japanese, Chinese, Thai stars. So I think...that doesn't matter as long as you look the part and you're able to fit in with the rest.

Do they have the same fanbase that uses similar terminology? Or do you just need the same aesthetic?

Umm, I'm not the knowledgable in how fanbases work, but from what I've noticed personally. All fanbases use the same slang and generally, they do the same things, but the ways they do it differ from different fanbases because they all set goals so they obviously have to use different methods to achieve them.

Anyways, words are made up and we are specks in the universe.

Ayrie, I agree.

This one comes from Daisy, such a pretty name.

I don't understand all these giant K-Pop groups. When there's so many of you, how the F do you get along?

Well, I'm a soloist so I can't speak from my personal experience but I can speak about what my friends tell me.

There are groups that have seven members, nine members, thirteen members and even twenty-something members, but that group has sub-groups so that doesn't really matter.

Anyways I think it would be hard to get along with everyone at first, but slowly as time progresses they get along obviously and they become family. Like with family, you're not close with everyone but you still love them and are able to get along with them.

They have the same goal and they respect each other. It's really not a big deal honestly.

Moving on, Cheryl, also known as @wyoungsn... Alright whatever. They ask,

Yo, does anyone know how K-Pop concerts work? I'm planning on attending some, but I've never been to one. Like, do they have acts that open for them like American ones do? Or not?

Cheryl, also known as wyoungsn, I sure hope that you are coming to my Flourishing Tour in North America. Unfortunately, the tickets are sold out but I hope you managed to get a ticket or else I'll be really sad.

Anyways, regarding your question about concerts, they vary. More often than not, if we're speaking pure K-Pop and not categorising the idol music with K-HipHop or K-R&B, then no we don't have opening acts. They run for two hours, and then we have an additional encore segment where we can have fun with the audience and get more personal with them during our encore.