4

'power-hungry'

It had been weeks-no a month and today was the first Quidditch game. Funnily enough it was Slytherin versus Gryffindor. From what I heard Slytherin players were hardcore in the pitch. It doesn't matter if you're a girl or not, they will punch your gut. And as sadistic as it sounds, the eargasm of bones crunching makes me feel all giddy. And Gryffindors were fair players the only advantage they had was their teamwork.

So here I am on the bleachers, wearing my Slytherin scarf paired with my emerald green jumper. I screamed alongside of Draco whose been trying to down the Gryffindors but then again their pride were probably bigger than Weasley's appetite and that says a lot sinch the weasel eats as if he's been starved for a month.

Just then the announcer's voice boomed as he introduces the teams playing on todays match. As tradition, the captains from each team shakes hand and I laughed as I saw Wood's face when Marcus Flint digged his nails in Wood's hand. Madam Hooch released the quaffle shortly after and I began screaming on the top of my lungs as I cheered for my House's team. I watched in concentration taking mental notes on the playing styles of my soon-to-be team mates. Marcus Flint, a chaser, likes holding the quaffle with his right hand as this was his dominant hand but constantly shifts in his left. He likes to intimidate his opponents by shouting and that's how he gets the quaffles through the hoops. Marcus was reckless in the pitch making 'accidental eye pokes and stomach jabs' but had complete control of it. Graham Montague, another chaser holds the quaffle ahead of him, I see he's preferred the chest for assurance. But he's a sure shot that is as his agility in shooting them was admirable. Then Warrington a seventh year and the person I was hoping to replace was also extremely good on the broom. He flies extremely fast and had the best balance and passing strategy. He was like Marcus, reckless on the pitch but controlled it too well.

I was too focused with learning their strategies that I didn't see Potter going for the snitch. He stumbles forward and then lands on his arse. I share a look with Draco and we both stiffled a laugh. He then starts gagging and then spits the snitch out. My eyes widen in disbelief as I zoned out the loud cheers errupting from the Gryffindor's. I huff as I glared at them in annoyance.

•●•

The match ended and here I am, sitting in the Slytherin table in the Great Hall as we eat lunch. Well, I'm really just sitting and reading, taking a few bites from the jello in my plate. After I finished my lunch ahead of others I excused myself to get to the library. Once I was walking down the halls I heard whispering. The inner sneaky snake that I am, eavesdropped.

"We have to get to Hagrid!" I heard Potter exclaim and I raise an eyebrow and peeked to see them racing towarda the gateskeeper's cottage. I follow them and made sure to keep distance as I do so.

"Good job out there Harry! But what happened to your broom?" The half-giant asks and I listen carefully to what Potter's answer.

"I think Snape did it. We all do." He says exhasperated. I glared at Potter for making such accusations at my godfather.

"And when I set his robes on fire-"

"You did that?!" The Half-giant says almost in behalf of me.

"Yes and once I did that he stopped paying attention to the game and Harry's broom stopped going crazy!" Granger exclaimed and I resist the urge to jump on her and hex her to oblìvion.

"And why do you think that?" The half-giant asks and I listened intently as a key info was about to be spilled.

"To get past the three-headed dog of course!" I arched an eyebrow at this. I've never seen a dog around campus and a three-headed one? That's peculiar. Why would the headmaster keep such thing here?

"How do you know about Fluffy?" Was the gateskeeper response. What a contradictal name for a three-headed dog.

"That thing has a name?" I rolled my eyes at Weasley's foolish remark. He never really was one to value one's life, great insensitive twat he is.

"Well or course he's got to have a name! He's mine! Bought him off an Irish feller I met in the pub last year! He's guarding-" the half giant stops and I furrow my eyebrow, moving closer to hear what he's going to say.

"He's guarding what, Hagrid?" Granger asks in hopes to get the half giant to spill.

"Shouldn't have told you that. Top secret." He mutters inaudible things and I left those three Gryffindors as I hurried to Severus.  I walk briskily along the corridors, pushing anyone who I thought was in my way. As I made my way inside the Great Hall my eyes searched for him and sighed in disappointment when I see no sign of my godfather. Unsuccessful with my search I made my way towards the library. I went in and searched for a book and closed my eyes as my fingers trailed on the books.

"Guide me, Salazar." I spoke quietly and opened my eyes as I pulled out a random book. Alchemy and it's Magical Legacy. I raised an eyebrow and took it nonetheless. I sat down on my favorite spot which was by the window but not so close to it that I'm sometimes touched by the heat of the sun. I opened the book and began scanning it around and stopped when I saw a familiar name.

Nicholas Flamel is an alchemist and is known for his creation of the Philosopher's stone. The Philosopher's stone gives the elixir of life making one immortal. Nicholas Flamel and Albus Dumbledore have both created the Philosopher's stone.

I tore that page and folded it neatly before transfiguring a faux one for the book to look extremely normal. I left the library my mind filled with thousands of theories.

I returned to the Common Room and saw Draco and the rest of my friends. I sat down on my usual seat and greeted them.

"Hey I have some sweets in my room. Do you want some? You didn't eat that much at lunch." Draco says and I looked at him before shaking my head.

"Have you heard about Nicholas Flamel?" I ask everyone. Everyone shakes their head and I grunted in frustration.

"I know a little bit about him. " an unknown voice says. I turned to the owner of the voice and saw a third year boy. I narrow my eyes at the boy as I scrutinize him. Surprisingly he doesn't squirm under my glare but looked rather placid.

"Well what is it then?" I ask, leaning back on my chair.

"He's a chum of Dumbledore. Was part of the first Wizarding War." He simply says and I nodded my head intaking the information. I turned to Draco and everyone as I give them assuring nods.

"Why are you grinning like that?" I hear Blaise asks,his tone worried. I could only shrug as I winked at him.

"It's my year." I said, a cheshire like grin appearing on my face.

----
Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you think about the story🥰