65

'the sun will shine on us again'

Classes will begin today and to my dismay I would be getting Potions for the first thing in the morning with a few Slytherin students and some Gryffindorks. I was particularly lonely today, wanting to be away from my friends who had lied to me with such vital information. I was being bit dramatic but I was deeply hurt when they didn't just tell me that. Instead I had to know from Severus and Parkinson.

I made my way to the Potions classroom, tying my hair in a beautiful emeral ribbon for a change. I enter the room and a few people were already there, including a dazed Draco. I walk in confidently, as if I had not cried myself to sleep last night.

"Hey, Granger." I teased with a mischievous grin on my face. She looks at me, surprised I even acknowledged her presence.

"Do you have some stool in your hair? Mind if I could borrow?" I chirp innocently and I hear the Slytherins behind me snicker. She rolled her eyes, slumping her shoulder. I smiled contentedly having to mess up Granger's day. Slughorn arrives and I smiled confidently at the Potions Master.

"Well, I believe we will be—" the door opened once again and I see Potter and Weasley walking in.

"Ah! Harry my boy I was beginning to worry you wouldn't come. Brought someone with us, I see!" He chirps happily making the confident smile on my lips to falter.

"Ron Weasley, sir,  I'm dreadful at Potions a menace actually, sir. So I probably should just leave." I snickered as I watched Potter pull him back.

"Nonsense we'll sort you out. Any friend pf Harry is a friend of mine. Get your books out." Slughorn says and I smile as he turns to us again.

"I'm sorry sir but I haven't actually gotten mine." I almost groaned at this but I let them talk.

"Not to worry just get one from the cupboard. As I was saying, I prepared some concotions this morning. Any Ideas to what these might be?" He asks and I see Granger raise her hand as I raised mine. This shocked her of course as I didn't raise my hand but only spoke in chorus most of the times.

"Ms. Slytherin, yes? Ah, Severus and I had a chat last night and he is very proud of you I hear." He says with a proud smile. I step closer to the cauldrons, grinning widely at Granger as she was visibly frustrated.

"Call me Dianna, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth telling serum. And that one is polyjuice which allows the taker to transform in any person..." I stop as I stared at the next potion, the smile on my face about to fall. But I forced a smile nonetheless.

"This one is amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumoured to smell differently to whatever you are attracted to. For example I smell: old parchment, lemon and mint." I cringed once I realized that is exactly how  Draco smells.

"God it smells like Draco..." I mutter as I took a step back. But I snapped out of my trance and looked at the tiny gold vial in the table.

"And that one is called Felix Felices also known as liquid luck. A sip and you'd find your endeavours quickly easy to conquer." I said proudly. Though there was something in my chest, a very heavy feeling as my eyes lingered on the love Potion my father used on my mother.

"Well this is what I offer if you can perfect the sleeping potion called Draught of the Living Dead. It's in page 10 by the way." He instructs and I smirk. Since I have spent my whole life with Severus, he has taught me how to make Potions rather than how to dress myself. I knew this Potion by heart.

Wordlessly, I go to the table where my friends were though I was still giving them the silent treatment. Deciding this book was rather useless, I placed it below Draco's.