6

'mending broken friendships'

Christmas passed by in a nick of time. Nothing eventful happened back at the mansion. Severus and I barely saw each other because he's been busy doing other things while I got stuck playing with my broom nonstop. It was a good thing our land was wide enough for me to explore around or I could have died from boredom. Despite the snow and cold from it I couldn't afford to put the cause of death as dying from boredom.

I've also recieved gifts from my friends and surprisingly Draco. From Daphne I recieved an extendable charmed pouch that I could as much things as I could inside which she specifically says was for makeup and hygiene. From Blaise and Mrs. Zabini, I got beautiful silk dresses and some books. From Greg, I recieved an intricately designed diary that had a my last name in a big costumized fancy font in the cover. And from Vince, a matching set of quills and inks. What surprised me most was Draco's gift. A Potions book and a note  inside that says : Your talent's worth the attention. One day, I'll get to read your own Potions book. -DM

The gifts didn't matter to me but the fact that Draco and I haven't been speaking to eachother since then have been bothering me. With a lot of me time, my mind had been drifting to a lot of thoughts. The trapdoor, Draco and even my parents. I wasn't sure if my parents meant to me in a way Severus did but I knew I longed a motherly love. My father however, had 6 years with me before passing away. But in all the times I remembered him I knew I just wanted him to be here anyway. How we'd spend a whole day in our library without muttering a word is grand enough for me. I enjoyed my father's silence but then again I hated him for being so cold and aloof with me sometimes. And I've always wondered if that was because of my mother or was it just the fact that he didn't really love me genuinely at all. But then again, I was glad Severus was here to put up with me. He's all that I've got that I'd do anything to keep him. Even if it meant for me to stop looking into the stone.

Now, the main thing that had been bothering my mind. Draco Malfoy. I didn't know why but everytime I try to think of something else it always keep ok coming back to him. It drove me insane how he could get into my head like I'm under Legilimens. He was like a constant reminder to me. And I hated how he'a making me feel.

Now that I'm back at Hogwarts I felt like I was going to get sick at any moment at the thought of facing Draco Malfoy once again. I've been getting really touchy whenever someone tries to talk to me. Snapping at them for no bloody reason and sometimes glaring openly to whoever gapes at me. My temper was even more uncontrollable due tot he fact that I've been irritated with my thoughts.

I sighed, poking the chicken in my plate as I zoned out from Daphne's story. I haven't had the guts to look up as Draco Malfoy had sat in front of me. It wasn't pleasant as I was annoyed how I looked like I was extremely shy at him.

"Dianna." I heard Draco's voice and I shot my head up and immediately met his stormy grey eyes. Taken aback I dropped my forked and shifted my gaze somewhere else as I felt my cheeks burning.

"How was Christmas?" He asks, sounding casual as if we haven't fought. I pursed my lips and fell silent. He glanced at me before taking a casual bite from his green apple causing me to glared at his nonchalant composure.

"None of your business,Malfoy." I snapped and when I saw the look on his facw I immediately regretted it. I grunted, standing up and storming towards my first class which was Potions with the Gryffindors. Once I got inside the room, I sat on a different seat which was on the first row and stared ahead. I clenched my fists, biting my lower lip furiously. How dare he act like nothing happened?