14

'the light in the darkness'

I sat alone in the grass near the Black Lake. I stared into nothingness as I thought about the recent happenings in my life. I felt like I was on the verge of my emotions these days. A single mistake makes me so frustrated thay I'd end up screaming in anger. The sight of Granger makes me sick and if I couldn't seem to find perfection out of everything I think I failed to do something important.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I heard a voice say. I look up and saw Diggory, holding a book in his left hand and offering me his usual kind smile. Annoyed, I roll my eyes.

"Sod off, Diggory. I have no time for your jokes today." I said and stared at the grass beneath me, fiddling with Slytherin's locket.

"So for any other day you have?" He jokes again, sitting next to me. I sighed, shaking my head.

"How are you always so happy?" I ask out of the blue. I felt him stare at me as he doesn't answer.

"It's rude to stare, Diggory. You don't see a lot of people, do you?" I tease and he chuckles.

"I let go of things I don't need." He says and I look at him this time,a curious look in my face.

"I'm not always happy, Dianna. I just learn to be satisfied with what's in front of me. Just deal with it,ya know?" He says and I snicker, looking at the Lake.

"Hufflepuffs." Was all I could say. He laughs and as I listen I didn't realize I was smiling already.

"This is the first time you've smiled in front of me!" He points out and my smile dropped and I glared at him.

"You're worried about the whole chamber stuff?" He says as he realized why I was so sad and serious. I shrug and released a sigh.

"Don't worry about tomorrow, Dianna. Worry about now." He says and I nod.

"I'm not too worried about tomorrow. I'm worried about what I'm gonna do if something happens now and I'll end up loosing something I-" i stopped when I realized what I was about to say. Afraid and surprised, I stood up all of a sudden and closed my eyes.

"Stay away from me,Diggory. You don't want to be entangled with the likes of me. I am nothing more but danger." I said and ran off inside the castle. As I kept running and bumping into a lot of students I bumped into a particular blonde.

"Watch where you're going-Dianna?" Draco says finally looking at me. He holds my shoulders and brings me close.

"What happened? Who hurt you?" He asks and I bit my lip and shook my head. His face turns into worry and he brought his hand in mine, entwining it. He then pulls me to the dungeons, our common room.

"You can cry now. Nobody will see you but me. I can even pretend it didn't happen!" He says and began crying. My tears flowed endlessly and Draco pulled me close to him. He puts his head on top of mine and holds me delicately, as if I was a glass that would shatter when held with too much force.

"I'm a monster, Draco. I never knew being an heir would be so difficult." I said and he cooes.

"We'll get through this." He says and I wipe the tears and nodded.

"I'm so afraid I'll end up hurting everybody." I say and he pulls away and shakes his head.

"Even so, I'll forgive you." He says and we both looked into each other's eyes. He smiles, it was genuine and it made the warm sensation in my heart to appear once again.

"Thank you, Draco for being here." I said. He replies with nothing but rather pulling me into another hug and I knew in that moment. That when I'm with Draco, I'll be okay.

•●•

Today was our first quidditch match against Gryffindor and the sadness had been washed away ever since I could officially punch guts. I was beyond happy to be back on the feild and the team just looked too good and I like flaunting.

Anyway, here I was above Draco. His father was watching too and of course so was Severus. No one had actually seen me play and I was dying to let everyone know how good I was. So when the game starts I became another person.

Marcus passes me the quaffle and I zoomed passed the two Gryffindor chasers and passed it to Graham who easily caught it. I hover below him and seconds later he was being pushed by a Gryffindor chaser. I smirk as I hover next to Graham and briskily got the quaffle for him. And then Marcus and I were next to each other as we scored score after score.

It was a few minutes to the game and Slytherin was leading up to a hundred points. Oliver Wood was a tough keeper but I was the sure shot. Half of the score was mine. So when I began scoring after another I didn't keep track when I heard a familiar crack. A bludger was coming in my direction and I was quick enough to duck. Aparently,Potter had himself a rouge bludger. So when I saw Draco and him going after the snitch, I stopped as I fly near Draco. Minutes later he comes up and rolls and lands on his arse. Potter in a second catches the snitch and I don't hesitate to come down.

"Harry Potter has caught the snitch! But with 210 points,Slytherin wins!" I hear the commentator say. I crouch down next to Draco as he was being picked up by the mediwizards. Then when I turned to potter the bludge was about to hit his head when I took out my wand and casted a spell.

"Finite Incantatem!" I said and left to go after Draco. That was the least I could do for Potter who got hate for being a fake heir.

----
Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you think about the story 🥰

lol i kindof suck at writing quidditch scenes but i will practice