19

'a king is brave but a queen is cunning'

After eating my jelly, I remembered Severus asking me to come to his office. So after I convinced Draco to sleep I went to see Severus. As I passed by the halls, aimlessly looking around when I stopped as I heard Professor McGonagall announce something.

"ALL STUDENTS MUST GO TO THEIR HOUSE DORMITORIES AT ONCE. ALL TEACHERS TO THE SECOND FLOOR CORRIDOR IMMEDIATELY" It booms and I frown, continuing to walk towards my godfather's office. That was when I heard multiple footsteps making me stop from where I am.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster to the chamber itself. " Professor McGonagall says in a sad and worried voice. She pauses and I frown more as I felt my heart pound. Whoever the other heir is, it certainly is not Harry Potter. I can see those idiots poking their head as they eavesdropped on the teacher's conversation.

"The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." She says and my frown deepens as a blonde professor walks past me.

"So sorry, I've dozed off. What'd I miss?" He says, smiling. I roll my eyes at this,it was just so typical of him. The whole school would have been burning and for all we know he's struggling to remember how to disarm.

"A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last." My godfather speaks up for the first time, sarcastically if I may add. Really, his sarcasm is everywhere.

"My...m-moment?" Lockhart stutters and I stifle a laugh.

"Weren't you saying last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the chamber of secrets is?" He says and I rolled my eyes knowing that this blonde git does not have any clue where the entrance is. And to think the teachers were trusting him with this task.

"That's settled. We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills after all are legend." I breathe in frustratingly as the teachers are putting a bumbling idiot to save a girl from a horrendous beast.

"Very well...I'll just be in my office getting uh...getting ready." He says, trying his best to hide the nervousness in his voice. He leaves and passes by me again, still not noticing I was there.

"Who is it that the monster's taken,Minerva?" I hear Madam Pomphrey ask. I lean in more closely, also curious which mudblood was taken.

"Ginny Weasley." I frowned. What would an heir of Slytherin, purest of blood, need from a pathetic little girl like her? Then the teachers started walking, probably towards their house's and respective areas again. I grunt, looking down as I hesitate on what to do. Then I remember, Potter who was in there with the male Weasley. I slowly walk towards them and stopped to read the message. Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever.

"Potter! Come out!" I whisper-yell and I hear gasps. He comes out and so did Weasley. The redhead gives me a dirty look, about to jump on me when the raven haired boy stopped him.

"As you can see,Weasley, I'm still here. Meaning it's impossible for me to be the one who supposedly taken your stupid sister." I sarcastically said. Then I turn to Potter who was confused with my presence.

"Look, I know where this chamber is. But I want you to take Lockhart with you. I know he's a useless git but in case there's danger ahead you could use him as a shield so then when he dies Weasley is next. Anyway, I have to talk with Severus, I'll be down in a minute. It's vital you don't stare at it's eyes, Potter. Don't be an idiot and don't get killed. It's in that bathroom where a mud—muggleborn died. I'm guessing it's a sink with a snake. Say 'open' in parsel. Go!" I explain as quickly as possible as the three of us walked rapidly. They went right and I went left, hurrying to get to my godfather. When I did, I burst open his door making him raise his wand on me as a reflex. He lowers his wand upon realizing who intruded him.

"It's me, Severus. Now we have to make it quick. I know where the entrance is—" he covers my mouth and I widen my eyes.

"You do not speak of that. You will not go down in there,do you hear me?" He says and I struggle to get out his hands off my mouth.

"I will take you to your dormitory and you, in no circumstances will not leave. Do you understand me?" He says sharply and I looked at him angrily. I nodded begrudgingly, knowing there were two options for me. Dormitory or back home. He takes his hand off from covering my mouth as he harshly drags me by the wrist.

When we arrive at the common room, my male friends were there. Draco,who was the first one to see me, gets me off of my godfather.

"You will not let her leave. If she leaves this common room I will have your heads by tomorrow." He threats and they nod. I struggle in Draco's grasp as he sits me down. I glared at him and he gives me a look of worry. When minutes passed, I was getting anxious even more. So I look at my friends and saw how tired Greg and Vince were as they were half asleep already. Two down. I look Blaise who was reading the Daily Prophet across me. Then my gaze went to Theo who was reading some book. Theo wasn't even athletic in the first place and I'm stronger than that boy. My only problem now was Draco and Blaise.

"Draco, could you fetch me my blanket? It's getting cold." I shudder fakely and he nods, sending Blaise instead. I groan internally as I thought of another way. That was when I thought of my wand. So I stood up and grabbed it, pointing it at the boy who I cherished most. Theo stood,alarmed. He aims his wand at me and Draco stops him.

"Dianna, put the wand down." He says and I close my eyes momentarily,wandering why I was even doing this the first place. Guilt? I don't think so. Wanting to beat the hell out of who was this heir whose been trying to get my title? Definitely.

"I'm sorry, Draco." I said before running off to meet with Potter. I ran and ran from bathroom to bathroom until I realized Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. I ran off and indeed this was the entrance. I panted, tired of all the running. Looking at the hole, I sigh, jumping in.