8

'you make the pain go away'

I sat on the end of the long table, looking at my god father who sat at the other end. The look I was giving him was hateful yet I find him paying no mind to me. Rather flipping each page from the Daily Prophet, making each page make a thick sound.

"If you're done giving me look of pure loathing, may I ask what are your plans this summer?" He asks monotonously as if he was just forced to say those things. I looked at the bread knife in my hand as dessert was just served and stabbed the strawberry cake.

"As if you have any intention of letting me out of the castle." I shot at him and he finally looks up from the newspaper in his hand. He puts it away and I continue to glare at him.

"Precisely. You are getting trained. I've already been given consent that you are allowed to use magic as long as I am in the presence. " he says thickly. I grit my jaw and my grip on the knife hardened.

"Is that so? It's settled then. I must get ready." I say, standing up from the table without waiting for his reply. I stormed my way to my room and angrily went to my closet and pulled out my usual training clothes. Throwing it without actually bothering to check where, a loud crash interrupts me from being angry. I screamed as I turned to see that I accidentally threw it on a vase and knocking it over. I calmed down from seething in anger and it was replaced by sorrow. Just when I thought that getting into Hogwarts was enough to let me out from this pandemonium.

I burried my face as I brought my knees to my chest. I sobbed inadvertently as I felt anguish succumb me. I heard the door open and I look up to see Severus and some of the guards come in. I looked around again to see that the room had once again turned green. Green smoke surrounding me. Afraid, I crawled towards Severus but stopped when I saw my reflection on a mirror. My midnight blue eyes were nonexistent and was replaced by a snake like one. Pupils so thin and instead of white surround it, it was yellow. Even more scared, I screamed and looked at Severus who crouched down beside me.

"Calm down, Dianna... I'm here..." was the last thing I heard before passing out.

•●•

I slowly open my eyes to see a familiar ceiling. I was in our Hospital Wing or rather the West wing. I look around but my vision looked funny so I sat up.

"Severus?" I croaked out.

"He's not here, Dianna. He's out to be in some important meeting." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked to my side and saw Draco who had gotten taller and even more muscular. He smiles softly at me as he sat by my side. How long was I out?

"How do you feel?" He asks and I shrug. He studies me for a moment before shrugging as well. I chuckle lightly causing him to smile.

"It's been a month Dianna. You've been out cold for a month. Wait—yes! I have to get your nurse to attend to you—"

"Don't it's okay. I'm fine really. I just—fainted." I said and he flashes me a worried look. He sighs but nodded anyway. Then he sits back down and studies my face.

"If it's been a month...does that mean it's almost time for the next term?" I ask out of the blue. He looks at me and nods. I groan and he chuckles at this. This boy loved to see me complain.

"It's good that you're awaken. I could get books with you at Diagon Alley! Did I mention that the claw scum you said you hated so much is our DADA professor this year? Really is annoying!" He babbles. I hold out my hand as I blinked in disbelief. I looked at him and he was not kidding. 

"That prat Gilderoy Lockhart is our DADA prOFESSOR?!" I yelled and he nods giving me a look of agreement with my reaction. I hated that git so much because it was obvious he's so full of himself and his books are not reliable. He's extremely oblivious and stupid for a Ravenclaw.

"Salazar, please allow me to hex him to oblivion if I can't absorb his idiocy anymore." I prayed and Draco laughs at me.

"Anyway, that git Cedric Diggory wanted to pay you a visit. But I told him off." He says, smirking. I paused looking at him. Cedric Diggory? Coming all the way from who-knows-where-he-lives to New Zealand to pay me a visit? A Hufflepuff wanting to enter all things Slytherin? What the bloody hell. He must be seeking for death.

"Well, the good side of everything is just that we get to try out for Quidditch this year. And I am going to punch Johnson's gut when I get that quaffle from her hands." I smirk in satisfaction and Draco nods, looking extremely smug. Then the look in his face brightens as if an idea just popped in his mind.

"To add everything up, if I get on the team...father said we might just have brand new Nimbus 2001!" He says with a grin in his face. I gape at him and we continue to talk about our glory in winning Quidditch.

----
A/N: I'm not really sure if Gilderoy Lockhart is a puff or a ravenclaw tho.

Edited: Hey! I saw the comments so I edited it him to be in Ravenclaw! Thank you!