45

'oh and I keep on coming back to you'

Blaise Zabini thought he could swoon everyone with his blinding smile and smirks but I was still up ahead of him by a lot without an effort. The both of us sat in the Great Hall, keeping count of whoever was asking us for the ball. So far, most Hogwarts boys had come up to me may it be from Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and much to my surprise Gryffindor. Some Durmstrang boys tried too. Though my frenemy Potter I had seen trying to come near, had always missed his chance. It was quite funny, how he looked so helpless at that moment.

"Number?" I ask, smirking at Blaise.

"126. Yours?" He asks,narrowing his eyes at me.

"128." I grin lazily and he huffs. He turns his head afront and straightens himself. Aparently, even boys had asked Blaise and he kindly said he'd think about it. Blaise had always said that each gender should be given a chance as long as their decent enough for him.

"Dianna!" I hesrd Diggory yell my name. Blaise and I turn to the door of the Great Hall and see him panting. He had a small box in his hand and I see him run to me.

"Hey Ced. Jogging?" I teased and he grins, his face red. I watched as his eyes traveled to the mountain of boxes and flowers in my side. I see him hide the small box and smiled a little.

"Hey, what's that?" I asked and he smiles sheepishly. He takes out the box and hands it to me.

"Just a little something for you...I was gonna ask you to the ball but I guess I'm a little too late." He says and the students around us started whispering. I look around and I see Cho Chang, a bratty stuck up Ravenclaw glaring at me. I flash her a toothy smile and she looks away, fuming.

"I don't have a date yet, Ced." I said and his eyes widen.

"O-oh? That's...good... well I was wondering...maybe you'd fancy going with me? I mean it's the least I could do for you becuase without you I couldve—" I didn't listen more as my eyes landed on Parkinson and Draco coming in together. Cedric was still mumbling stuff so I felt like my mind was in places. I did bet with Blaise who gets most dates but I always wanted Draco to be my date. I thought maybe we'd made up for just one night.

I turn to Blaise and his face darkens. I sniffed, looking down.

"So...do you wanna go with me to the ball?" Cedric finishes and I look up at him and nodded, smiling halfheartedly.

So I guess I'll be Golden Boy's date.

...

It was time for the Yule Ball. I had my dress sent by Severus and my shoes as well. I was now being styled by Daphne after I refused to even get up on bed.

True to what I've seen, Draco and Parkinson was going together. It took every nerve in my body to stop myself from hexing them. It hurt, that I had once again looked like a fool. And I swore to myself never again.

"Done! Now I'll get you in your dress." Daphne says as she walked over to my dress that had been layed out on my bed.  I stared at myself in the mirror, satisfied with the way I look. My hair was curled into big waves and I looked gorgeous. Daphne returns with my dress and I looked at it, grinning. She helps me in it and after that I had put on my heels. Then I was done. Daphne and I syared at ourselves in the mirror,while I wore my signature green Daphne had worn a baby pink long dress. We both looked like princesses.

"Okay! Time to go!" She squeals. She drags me but I stopped. I had a plan in mind.

"Nod to me if Draco's out." I said. She winks, understanding me. She opens the door and nods, stepping out of our room. I let out a breath, slowly approaching the door. I went out and I see the boys with Daphne. They were all looking at me, amazed with how I look.

"Hey." I said, smiling.

"You look gorgeous, sis." Blaise compliments. I thanked him and my eyes slowly landed on Draco who had a hard look in his face.

"Oh, you should go now. I heard you have the champion's dance." Daphne says, leaning into Theo. I nodded and started to walk away.

When I reached the outside of the corridor halls, everybody stopped to stare at me. This made me grin in an instant. I continue to walk forward without sparing anyone a glance. Then I was faced with Diggory, who looked handsome as ever. He had a look of awe in his face and I proudly walk over to him.

"Ced."

"You look stunning." Oh why was it always those words? Draco always said it like that.

"T-thanks and you look marvelous." That's right, there's another compliment rather than stunning. He offers his hand and I intertwined mine with his as we were escorted by McGonagall. Oh right, we were doing the traditional champion's dance. I see Viktor Krum with Granger, and I was a bit impressed. Then arrived shortly was Potter with...I don't know..Padma? I don't really care. Potter's date gaped at me and Granger and I find myself smirking.

"You look gorgeous, Dianna." Thank god for Potter for using another term.

"Thanks,Potter. You look...decent." i said and he chuckles.

"The ball is about to start. Miss Delacour please go first and then Mr. Krum. Mr. Diggory you go next and then lastly...Mr. Potter." Professor McGonagall instructs. Cedric  gently leads me and we were behind Krum. The doors opened and on cue, French Baguette starts to walk with her partner. We all started entering and I look around and locked eyes with Draco. I eyed Parkinson and  gave her a winner smile as she didn't get to do this. She huffs annoyed, her mint green gown looking like it would give up on her on any second.

The music began and Cedric places his hands on my waist. I focused on him now, I just wanted to forget the heartbreak I've been with Draco for now. We began dancing, smiling like each other. Cedric's hands acted like they belonged in my waist, but deep down I knew it was wrong.

" I have to tell you something after the dance." He says in my ear. I nodded though I felt a little uneasy. I brushed it off, dancing with my best friend happily. After the champion's dance, Ced and I head outside for some fresh air.

"So what is it? What do you have to tell me?" I ask as I drank the champagne I snatched from a waiter earlier. I look at him and he was nervously looking at me.

"Dianna. You and I met at the end of first year." He started and I nodded, smiling at the memory.

"I approached you with good intentions, I wanted to just be your friend. It was something about you that made me want to be with you everytime. Was it the way you spoke? The way you brushed me off everytime? I don't know. Dianna, we've been friends for almost 3 years as the school ends. And during those times, I was confused with how I felt about you. But now I know. I like you, Dianna Slytherin." He says, stepping close to me. I was suprised. Cedric, my best friend liked me all this time and I never new.

I looked into his eyes for a moment, trying to process what had just happened. But the next thing I knew, he had locked his lips into mine.

----

Dianna's first kiss was Cedric, sike. It's a payback because Draco's is Pansy the cow.

But don't worry Drianna, you shall come in the next chapter.