13

'the legend that lies in the chamber'

When the three was sent back, I was told to come with Severus. He holds my hand tightly as we enter the Headmaster's office. Ibwas worried because I exactly knew what I was here for.

"Ms. Slytherin. Licorice?" The bearded man offers and I shake my head as a no. He smiles and I look at Severus worriedly. He puts a hand on my shoulder and I relaz a little.

"I believe you know the reason for our meeting today." He says and I nod curtly. I look down and my hand reached for the locket in my chest. I fiddled with it, finding comfort.

"I didn't write that thing on the wall. I don't like getting blood on my hands." I said nonchalantly and he nods, believing me.

"Yes, though Professor Snape and I may believe your word, some may be wary of you." Ah, of course. I was the only heir they know of. And the Gaunts weren't exactly here so I was the only target. And I was trying to protect my family's heritage by not saying that the infamous dark wizard is an heir of slytherin. I didn't want to endanger any family I'd have left.

"I understand, Professor." I said.

"And now you are asking whether I know of this chamber of secrets?" I added, looking up at the old man. He gave me a look of surprise but nods, smiling.

"Do you, Ms. Slytherin?" He asks, his tone serious.

"I do not."I answer truthfully. He eyes me for a minute before nodding.

"One last thing, Ms. Slytherin. If we by any chance discover this hidden chamber, will you aid us in time of need?" He asks and I look at Severus who had a stoic expression. I nod wordlessly and the headmaster dismisses me.

•●•

It was a normal day and nobody had the guts to come near me except my friends. Since they couldn't do much to me, they turned to Potter who was so far from being an heir. I pitied him for getting the hate I deserve but I didn't want it on my back. The self-preservation getting the best of me.

"Could I have your attention please?" Professor McGonagall says. We were at transfiguration and I sat beside Draco, not on the mood to learn anything. He notices this and affectionately puts a hand on top of mine.

"Today we will be transforming animals into wayer goblets." She announces and I looked at her boredly.

"Like so. One,two, three. Fera Verto." She says tapping on the bird and turning it into a beautiful water goblet. I smile faintly at it's beauty.

"Well,who would like to go first? Ah Mr. Weasley! One two three, Fera Verto." She says standing in front of Weasley and his rat. I look over and scrunch up my nose at his taped together wand. He does as what he was told but as expected, the water goblet had a tail. The class snickered at him and I could onlu roll my eyes.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall says as a matter of fact. Then when she turns, she saw Granger raising her hand up. The brunette looked at me before speaking.

"Professor, I was wondering whether you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets." She says and my face becomes stoic. The older lady looks at me and I gave her a shrug.

"Very well. You all know of course that Hogwarts was founded thousands of years ago by the four greatest witch and wizards of the age." She says and I smile faintly at the thought of my heritage being one of that.

"Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin." By the mention of the last founder, I found myself being stared at by the whole class including McGonagall herself. Draco tells them off as he comes closer to me.

"The three founders coexisted quite harmoniously...one did not." She says and Weasel says something.

"Three guesses who." He says and Potter looks at me before nudging the boy.  He gave me an apologizing smile and I could only wave him off.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all magical families. In other words, pureblood." She says shooting me a look. I rolled my eyes as I turned to Granger and smirked.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided the leave the school. Now according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as  the Chamber of Secrets. Fell shortly after he departed, he sealed it until that time his own true heir returns to the school. The heir alone would  be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within. " she says and Draco pulls me closer, feeling that I was uncomfortable.

"And by so, doing purge of all those who in Slytherin's view were unworthy to study magic." She finishes and I close my eyes. Unknowingly a tear escapes my eyes as if I could hear a muggleborn's scream in my ears.

"Muggle-borns" Granger says, a sad look in her face. I open my eyes and Draco panicks at the sight of a tear. He wipes it and I gave him a smile.

"Well naturally the school has been searched many times and no such chamber has been found." She says I look down, knowing this was untrue.

"Professor what exactly does legend tell us that lies within the chamber?" Granger adds and I glare at her.

"That's enough, Granger." I said quietly but I was not heard.

"The chamber is said to be the home to something that only the heir can control. It is said to be the home of a monster..." McGonagall finishes. Weasley turns and looks at me, horrified.

"That's enough!" I bursted, slamming my hands on my table. I glared at the muggleborn and grabbed my bag and left. Draco followed suit.

---
Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you think about the story 🥰