74

'a prize to pay'

"BELLATRIX!" Voldemort's voice boomed and with a flick of his wand, I was out of the ropes and fell down on the floor. I looked at the crazy witch amusedly but I was too weak to laugh, as much as I wanted to. I was kneeling on the floor, clutching my hand in pain as my body felt sore. Cruciatic's and a knife almost hitting my head in one day?

"M-My Lord!" Bellatrix shrieked and I watched as she kneeled before the Dark Lord.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" He yelled angrily and I stared in horror as Bellatrix's body fell to the floor with a thud. I see him walking to me and I see his eyes flashed concern—confusing me for a moment. But I was too shaken to question him or even think too deeply. My arm stung like a bitch.

"Diannara, let me see your arm." He said coldly and I refused but when he forcibly took it, I yelped in pain. He hissed and let it go as he glared at his death eaters.

"Throw her somewhere, inform the Malfoys about her death." He ordered and I watched with a grin as they scurried to take Bellatrix' lifeless body.

And in a few seconds, Draco and Narcissa appeared. The latter went to her dead sister while Draco hurried to me. He saw my arm and cursed then realized that the Dark Lord was here.

"My Lord." He bowed and my body gave up on me as I fell on the cold floor, the blood gushing out on my left forearm.

"Take her to Severus." Tom's voice was surprisingly strained, like he held back an emotion. I knew for I heard myself talking at times and it sounded like that. I turned my head to his direction and saw him like he was about 50 years ago—the same Slytherin boy with ambition yet to be tainted. And that was the last thing I saw before blacking out.

...

I was in a room, a white room. Everything about it was just...white. The chair, the table—just everything. It almost made me crazy because of it's blinding color. But everything could get worse.

"Oh, wittle Slytherin is all confused. No wand? Pity." A mad cackle came from my right and I see Bellatrix Lestrange, twirling her wand in her hair.

"He killed you." I said, not allowing her to see the feae she encrypted in my mind.

"Did he really? Is that why I'm in your head?" She asked mockingly and I clenched my jaw in anger.

"Now, I have a few spells in mind, Slytherin. It would be my pleasure to demonstrate them on you." She said and raised her wand. I could cast the shielding charm but it felt like my mouth was glued shut.

"Crucio!" The pain was too real. It hurt too much to be a dream. My muffled scream seemed to be making her angry. She wanted a scream so I felt the curse hurt even more. I bit my lip–not allowing to give her what she wanted. Though I was sure it bled, my body felt completely numb but at the same time—the pain lingered.

"Tough one, I see. Well then I shall make it easier for you."

"AVADA KEDAVRA—"

"You kept her in your manor and you tortured my daughter?! LET GO OF ME, MINERVA—"I heard my godfather shout and I shot up in surprise. I look around and saw Draco on my left and Severus with Professor McGonagall—the latter holding my godfather's hands.

"Dianna! Hey, hey...lay down..." Draco gently instructs and I nodded slowly, letting him set me down.

"What...where am I?" I asked with a frown as my eyes took it's time to adjust.

"You're in your bedroom, Diannara. We could not unfortunately use your hospital wing due to the risk of putting you there alone. In here Severus will only be a few rooms away." Professor McGonagall explains calmly but I could see the worry in her eyes.

"Did you get rid of it?" I asked,daring not to look in my left forearm. I watched as Professor McGonagall face turns into a frown and Severus' to look colder than before.

"Unfortunately, Bellatrix' knife had Dark Magic in it making it impossible to get rid of. We tried a concealment charm but..." Severus' tone was thick and he didn't continue what he was saying. I closed my eyes in frustration.

"Tom...he's not looking for the locket?" I asked with a pained voice.

"No." Severus answered solemnly and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Bring it to me." I said as I opened my eyes back again. I watched as Severus opened the mirror in which I used as a hiding place for the locket. He gave it to me and I hear the whispers. Bad things, whispered in my ear.

"Send it to Potter and his friends. Tell them to destroy it with something stronger than dust and dirt. Then...after that tell him to keep it. Give it back to me." I said with a pained voice. As much as I wanted to be the one to destroy the locket—I could not. I had something else to do and it was to track down whatever is keeping my cousin alive.

...

Severus and Minerva had left and Draco did so too a few minutes ago to speak with the Healer. I was alone in my room, and it was dangerous. My thoughts were all too murderous–too dark. Being alone was too dangerous for me.

So I thanked Merlin when Draco entered my room.

"Hey..." he mutters and I turn my head to his direction and saw that he had a sad smile in his face.

"Let me guess, I'm also cursed?" I asked sarcastically but my expression fell as I saw how Draco's sad smile faltered.

"What the—"

"He said you've went through a nightmare while he was trying to get rid of your—wound. Is that true?" He asked as he sat next to me in my bed. I winced, recalling the horrifying nightmare of Bellatrix killing me.

"She was torturing me. Wanted to make me insane. I felt it. It hurts so much." I said and before I knew it my tears started falling. I felt Draco wrap his arms around me and this made me relax at least for a little bit.

"She won't. No one will ever hurt you again. I won't leave you anymore, Dianna." He said and my eyes travelled on my left forearm. He must have noticed this for he held my left hand.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I replied and he plants a chaste kiss on my lips.