32

'and the sadness in your eyes, t'was because of me'

It was weekend and I had no intention on going out of Daphne and I's room. Aside from Blaise—my pretend brother—I had opened up to Daphne. And since I had talked to her, she bad built the guts to drag me out of my room. 

"Daphne, let me go." I lamely said. But much to my dismay, I was already out in the Common Room. My eyes glinted in satisfaction as I found the broken remains of my once favorite chair.

"Dianna?" I heard Blaise's voice from behind. I turn around and saw him, looking over at Daphne and I confusingly.

"What?" I snap and he shakes his head, still frowning. I released a deep sigh as I turn around and just headed out of the dungeons. After a few turns here and there, I found myself in the library. After giving Madam Pince a tired nod, I proceed to sit somewhere secluded. By the window, I leaned my head on the desk as I stared at the scene before me.

"Dianna?" I heard Diggory's voice from behind. I sat up and stared at him tiredly. He widens his eyes and nervously sits next to me.

"You don't look too well." He jokes and I nod wordlessly. He rests his head on a pile of books as he looks at me, a smile in his face. I frowned,suddenly self conscious.

"Do I look funny?" I unintentionally snap. But to Diggory, who wasn't even fazed by my tone continue to smiles charmingly.

"You look stunning, Dianna." He says and my face falls.

"You look stunning, Dianna." I heard Draco say. I flush, earning a few amused chuckles as I do so.

I stared at Diggory and watched him blankly as he sits up. His brows knit together as he had a look of worry in his eyes. He moves closer, his hand on top of my shoulder.

"Did I say something wrong? Hey, hey...don't cry..." he says as he slowly pulls me into a hug. If I wasn't feeling lonely and was just simply angry, I could have pushed Diggory away. But I felt alone and I needed a friend. Someone who wasn't daily involved with me, and I though Diggory could do that. So I found myself leaning my head in his chest. I watch as my crystalline tears drip into his jumper. I hear him coo and my heart ached even more when I remember Draco being the only person to see me this vulnerable. I pull away and I feel him looking at me.

"I'm sorry. For whatever I did, I hope you feel better soon. Do you want something to eat? I could bring you to the kitchen." He offers and I shake my head, harshly wiping my tear stained cheeks. But Diggory's hand stopped me, holding my hand. He gently puts it on my side as he takes out something from his pocket. It was a brown handkerchief and he used it to wipe my tears for me.

"Boy problem?" He jokingly asks, though his voice was so half hearted. I manage to smile a little as I shrug.

"I hope they see you how I do." He mutters and I looked at him in confusion.

"He's not the problem, I am. I hurt him." I said as I stared at my hands. He lifts my face up by my chin and I stared into his eyes in confusion.

"I think you didn't mean too. I hope you figure it out, I hate seeing you like this. Where is the Dianna that always picks on me? I don't like this crying baby in front of me." He jokes and I roll my eyes as I weakly push him away.

"It's not like you'll ever see me cry again, Diggory." I teased half heartedly. He grins, shrugging at me.

•●•

I was back at the common room and I was glad I didn't run into Draco. After lunch, he had been seen nowhere and for once I felt a little okay without him. I threw away my broken chair and sat on the sofa instead for the meanwhile, by next year I will have my new chair here. And just to spite Parkinson, I'll have it's cushion embroidered with the initials of my name.

At this moment, I was reading quietly. No one was here miraculously. Everyone was out and having fun.

"Oh, Dianna." I hear Blaise call. I hum boredly as I didn't remove my attention from my book.

"Did you know that the bird that "tore" Draco's arm is getting sentenced to death?" He says nonchalantly as he sits on the opposite side of me. I look up and this caught him off guard.

"You mean the hippogriff? He's getting beheaded?" I ask as if in disbelief. I sighed in frustration as I slumped back in my seat. There wasn't much I could do.

"Whatever. Let him do what he wants." I said almost coming out as a whisper.

"Why are you still not talking to him?" Blaise asks and I stared at him blankly. I purse my lip as I pretend to turn my attention to the book again.

"Dianna, answer me." Blaise says and I sigh in frustration. I close my book and looked at Blaise.

"He'll end up hurt because of me, Blaise. Don't you understand that? Everyone I possibly care about would and who is to blame but me?" I said and Blaise's expression turns sad and soft.

"I understand how overwhelming your powers are, Dianna. But what will you do if he'd end up hating on you?" My gaze fell on the floor as the boggart before of Draco comes across my thoughts again.

"Then that's even better. It's better to just push him away and he'd end up hating me. It's better to keep him away from me. "I said and slowly stood up. I shot Blaise one last apologetic look before heading to my room.