39

'wherever i go, danger follows'

It was breakfast, I was enjoying a good jelly when suddenly I hear that Diggory was Hogwart's bet. Sure, the selection hasn't been done yet. But we all know the odds are in his favor.

So here I was, on my way to the Hufflepuff table and dragged the handsome boy by his robes. I had dragged him all the way to the library for that. I was so carried away I didn't realize that I dragged him without an explanation.

"You're not joining that bloody contest, Cedric Diggory." I snap and he straightens his robes. I bet he was still trying to process what just happened. I, however, was frustratingly pacing around.

"Dianna, what—"

"Why are you even thinking of it?" I ask, my thoughts racing around the room. I hear him sigh and I glared at him for smiling.

"Dianna, the odds are 1 out of a hundred. I'm not even sure of getting picked!" He says and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"And what if it was your name? Do you know what they do in that competition, Diggory? Kids die in that silly game!" I said, my hands flailing around. Cedric was just amusedly looking at me, making me even more pissed.

"I wanted to join the contest for you. I wanted to be something good for you." He says and my expression softens a little bit.

"Why? You're my best friend, Ced. You don't have to be something good for me." I said as I put a hand on his shoulder. His face saddens as he pushed my hands away.

"You don't have to worry, Dianna. I'll bring that cup for you." He says and I bit my lip.

"Oh come on, you're gonna help me right? If I did get chosen? The greatest witch in our age, helping the Hogwarts Triwizard champion. The winning odds are high." He says and I roll my eyes as I half-heartedly chuckle. If he does get picked, I'd do everything in my power to keep him alive.

"Of course, I wouldn't Cedric Diggory the Golden Boy die in a game would I?" I playfully said and he chuckles heartily.

...

I sat on the Great Hall, watching those who put their names in. It was quite loud but I wanted to make sure a lot had put their names in. I didn't want Cedric to go into that deathtrap but at the same time if he really wanted this who was I to stop him?

Cedric comes in and our gazes met. I gave him a small nod and he puts his name in. The good thing was that Draco wasn't here. He had been quite dramatic lately. He made sure I ate, had not been provoked or in other terms he had been treating me like a fragile glass. I'm guessing that it had been because of the rumours going around about me. It was sweet but sometimes it was quite bothering.

Daphne and I walked out of the Great Hall and went to the common room. We spot Blaise, Theo and Draco sitting on our usual spot. I smile as I came over to my seat which was next to Draco.

"Hey,love." He greets and I smile a little. Ever since I have been confused about what I felt with Cedric I had been spending more time with Draco just to keep him off. It worked as I convinced myself how wrong it was. Someone like Cedric belonged to someone more kind and that word itself was simply not in my vocabulary.

"Oh by the way, Professor Snape says you'll be with us this Yule. They said they'll announce something to us." He says.

"Really? That's nice. I like having Christmas with you." I said and he flushes a little.

"Slytherin?" Someone calls me from behind. I look over and see a seventh year Slytherin.

"Potter's looking for you." I furrow my eyebrow as I turned to Draco.

"What does that cretin want?" He asks and I shrug. Does Potter have a death wish or something? He of all people should not venture down in the snake's pit.

I got up and glared at the seventh year making him hurry off. I sighed as I went out of the common room. I see Potter and I signaled for him to be quiet. I drag him somewhere dark so that the other's wouldn't see us.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

"I think you're in danger." He says and I look at him like he's being ridiculous.

"And I'm obviously not? Did you go nuts over the summer, Potter—"

"No! No...the last time when you were at the Quidditch World Cup you were attacked...who was it? Do you know who they were?" He asks franticallly.

"No, and I don't care. Being a Slytherin has put me in danger already so you don't have to worry. I don't really need it." I said, and turned around to walk away. But he holds my wrist, stopping me. I turn to him and glared at him. He took a step back, a little scared of my deathly glare.

"Let go of me—"

"Dianna I've been getting these weird dreams. And I feel as though you should know something. I just can't e-explain it—"

"I don't care if you think I know something about your dream because whatever that is I won't give it to you. So let go of my arm before I hex you." I threat and he immediately lets go of my arm. He opened his mouth to say something but I gave him another warning look.

I start to walk away and I felt a little bothered by Potter's frantic expression. Dreams? What dreams could he possibly have linked to me? In what way was I in danger? Whatever was happening to him and that was possibly linked to me, I think this was going to end up with blood shed.

----
Things are gonna get messyyy