28

'i like the way i am with you'

Today was the first Quidditch match. Of course it went as planned, Gryffindor had to go against Hufflepuff. I was low key rooting for the puffs as I knew Cedric had wored hard to be here. I felt proud to be his friend to be quite honest.

Albeit the victory I am feeling, it was raining cats and dogs today. At first,Draco didn't want me to go but after I assured him I'd be fine he reluctantly lets me go. He didn't want to come with saying he wasn't going to root for another team.

I watch Cedric with a smile as he meets the Gryffindor Captain with a smile, shaking both of their hands politely. If they weren't sitting on brooms and in their Quidditch gear, I'd say the two of them were like agreeing to be friends. It frustrated me, how someone could be so relaxed and not very confident when their chances of winning isn't assuring.

Madame Hooch blows the wistle and the game starts. I watch Cedric and Potter as they go neck to neck with each other as they try to catch the snitch. I silently prayed Cedric would get it so this game would have to end soon. I watch both of the seekers as they fly up, disappearing into the stormy clouds. I sigh, boredly watching the chasers as the only interesting thing in this game disappears out of sight.

A few moments later, my attention had been caught by something red that was falling. Standing up, my eyes widen when I see an unconscious Potter falling slowly to the ground. Dumbledore casts a quick 'Aresto Momentum' before Potter could fall and break his limbs.

...

"Draco don't be such a prat. I have to see Diggory." I struggle in Draco's grasp. After Potter's fall, my mind was filled with worry fot Diggory. The game had ended and the students had to be immediately escorted back to the castle. Aparently, it was the dementors that made Potter fall. The headmaster was furious but I find it funny that he was the one who allowed them into a place that was supposedly secured and and this is how he's acting.

"Diggory will be fine, love. He'd want you somewhete safe." He says as he looked into my eyes. At this moment, I was shivering like a stray kitten because I got caught in the rain trying to see if Diggoty had made it to the ground. I felt something wrap around me and I see Draco had put his coat around me to warm me up.  I furrow my eyebrows as I slowly nodded. He must be with his team anyway. Draco uses this opportunity and ushers me away.

"C'mon, Daphne has been waiting for you. Blaise had been worried too." He whispers in my ear. I nod wordlessly as Draco dutifully brings me to the common room. When we get there, Daphne was the first one to see me as she throws her arms around me, trapping me into a hug.

"Daph, let the girl breathe. Dianna take a shower, we don't want you catching a cold. It's the fitst Hogsmeade weekend tomorrow." Theo says in a fatherly tone. Though Theo joins Blaise and Draco in there schemes, he was the most mature out of the three of them. He stops them from making rash and stupid decisions and I guess that was what made him perfect for Daphne. Daphne was the emotional one and Theo is the rational one.

"Okay..." I mutter as I head up to the girls dormitory. When I opened Daphne and I's room, I walked towards my bed and plopped myself in it. I sigh and as I do, I felt the weight of the world in my shoulders. Though my life may have been chased by death like Potter's it felt like I was just slowly being tortured.

I stood up,lazily grabbing some of my pyjamas and throwing them on my bed. I grabbed my robe and went to the shower. I strip down my clothes and entered the shower. I turned on the shower, unfazed by the freezing water flowing. My thoughts were all over the places but I was focused on only one.

How would have my life turned out without my friends? How would my life have been if I continue to be friendless? Sometimes, I like to think that I was like them. That I'm normal. But then the thought of why I was I not normal like them made always dawned to me. But then, aside from the fact that I hated myself for that and how many people hated me and where I came from, I was thankful my friend were here for me. The fact that someone had put up with me made me believe that it's possible for me to feel. I may not have always expressed it but I'm always thankful for every moment my friends had spent with me.

I close my eyes, as it suddenly felt hot. I pushed my hair back as I let the water run down my face. After a few moments of organizing my thoughts, I turn off the shower.   I dry myself and change into my pyjamas. After brushing my hair, I step out of the room and walked towards the common room. Draco was the first one to notice me, as he too had showered up. He gives me a toothy smile and I couldn't help but return the favour.

"Okay...Dianna's here. Wanna join the game, love?" He asks ans I peer at them and sae that they were playing Wizard's chess. My eyes travel to Blaise and he was already giving me the stinky eye. I laugh, rasing both my hands up in mock surrender.

"Blaise doesn't like it when I play. So I think I'll pass." I said as I take a seat on my usual seat. The mentioned boy gives me a bitter face.

"I actually kind of agree with Blaise for this one. Dianna always wins." I gasp at Theo's words. Theo rolls his eyes at me.

"Theodore Nott, I never knew you had hated it when I played with you. Just when I thought you enjoyed my company!" I said dramatically. Draco laughs and so does the others.

"Shove off, Dianna." Theo says jokingly making my smile to turn into a grin. I then lock eyes with Draco and he winks at me. I roll my eyes, loving every moment I had with these people.

----
Kind of lost a friend recently. I'm so sorry this chapter was kind of idk. I don't know what to write in this chapter honestly because I had been down lately.

I just wanted to let you guys see how Dianna cares for her friends. And I hope you guys would show your appreciation to yours as well.

-지연jiyeon