7

'i'd always wish you're here.'

It was end of term and right now we were at the Great Hall for the final feast for this school year. This was also the day that Slytherin will once again triumph with the House Cup. The Great Hall was decorated all things Slytherin and I could feel other house's jealousy through the air.  It's always our house that get's it and the Gryffindors have been breaking way too much rules for them to win anyway. Just like how Potter and his little squad had just broke in to steal the Philosopher's stone which is kind of a bummer for my part. I wanted the glory but then again seeing how much those three had caused destruction in our school not to mention their inobidience to the curfew would loose them points and if I had done that I'd rather drop out and move to Durmstrang instead. 

I sat beside Draco as he was having a conversation with Blaise about Quidditch next year. I would join anytime but not right now. I feel like something's wrong I just couldn't point it out. Just then I felt someone tapping my shoulder and I looked at it's direction to see a familiar Hufflepuff approach me. Looking at the puff from head to toe my nose scrunched up. I notice the rest of the Slytherins looking at him in disdain as well. He disregards the obvious attention my house was giving him and smiles at me brightly. It seemed contaigous but he was a puff and I was a snake it was simply forbidden.

"What?" I snap testily. He doesn't seemed fazed just smiling at me in the kindest way possible.

"I was just wondering if I could give you this? You dropped it from the library one time ago." My gaze traveled to his hand and saw that my handkerchief that had been missing since the day of the first Quidditch game. It had my initials D.S.Slytherin embroided into it in silver so I was sure it was mine. I gave him a look and took it in my hand, my fingers grazing his hands. It was weird, I felt like shivering. I looked at him and remembered who he was. This was Cedric Diggory, a third year puff whose been famous for being such a handsome young boy. His brown locks and honey eyes probably captured hearts of many.

"Thank you. You may leave." I said turning away, feeling my ears heat up.

"If it's okay, I'd like to talk to you about something after the feast. Just by the Black Lake." He says and I looked at him once again and gave him a nod. He smiles and I realized what I just got myself into and my eyes go wide as he left, skipping towards his table.

"Uhm...Di? What just happened? " I heard Daphne ask and I turned to her, shaking my thought away and my cheeks burning.

"I—" I was luckily cut off by our Headmaster as he announces the leading board of House points. With all things Slytherin decorated around the Great Hall we knew we won already. But my heart stops when I heard the old man award last minute points to those bloody Gryffindors. The smug smile on my face slowly turns into a frown as Dumbledore just vanishes our lead in a span of 5 minutes because Potter and his friends decided to break rules.

The three houses clapped and laughed joyously at our dispair while the whole Slytherin students remained seated and looked as if we were just about to punch anyone whose had the audacity to come near. I felt Draco's hand rub circles on my back and I looked at my best friend as I felt as if I was going to cry and hex anyone near me.

"They'll pay for it, Dianna. We'll be victorious." He says, comforting me. I nod looking at everyone and my eyes met with Potter who stopped smiling and gave me a worried look. I, however casted him a hateful look. Not only did they win the House Cup but he's gotten the glory of retrieving the Philosopher's stone.

•●•

The feast ended and now was the time we were heading home. I, however, foolishly stood by the Black Lake. The students were all heading towards Hogsmead to get to the train but I stuck to my word and is now angrily waiting for the certain puff. I hate to be kept waiting and for the past 5 minutes I have been planning the most hurtful way of hitting him in the head. I kept fiddling with the locket of my ancestor as I glared at the waters of the Black Lake.

"Hey! Dianna—" The boy stopped talking as I glared at him with my infamous death glare. He backs up,taken aback and scared at the same time.

"You absolute cretin—I don't even know what I'm doing here! The next time you keep me bloody waiting you Hufflepuff I will hex—"

"So there's a next time?" He cuts me off, a smile on his face. Taken aback, I look at him in disbelief. I look away from him and scoff. I fold my arms in front of my chest and huffed.

"You think this is a joke, Diggory? You think I'm a joke?" I sneer and his gaze on me softens. I push him away and he stumbles with my strength as I hiss past him.

"Don't waste my time, Diggory. I'd better be elsewhere than be with you." I said not bothering to look at him. He calls my name repeatedly but I paid no mind as I met up with a worried looking Draco.

"What did that prat do?" He asks, his looks darkening.

"Let's go, Draco. I don't want you to have blood in your knuckles before we leave." I said and he nods wordlessly. He takes my hand into his as he leads the way to the train.

The two of hs sat together with our friends. Blaise notices my mood and made way as he offers me the seat by the window.

"You good, Dianna?" Blaise asks me worriedly and I give him a look and just nodded my head before turning my gaze back to the scenery.

----
Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you think about the story 🥰