42

'i started to think maybe i was the problem'

And yet, another sleepless night. Not only was it because I was scared of another nightmare. It was because of the trauma of what I just saw. And the fact that the scene always replayed in my goddamn mind, it was all too awful.

But today was another day, and I had to pull myself together. I tried to convince myself that Draco wasn't the only boy in the world but shockingly, I did not convince myself. And this had put me in a nastier mood, so I was particularly scary today.

"Dianna!" I heard Cedric call me. I look at him and he jogs up to me. I glared at the students near me who was whispering to themselves. Immediately, they scurry off. That's right, you better take a hike before I flick you away, stupid bugs.

"Ced." I acknowledge. He senses my off mood  as he frowns. Cedric was always like that. He had a radar which means he's simply sensitive about other's people feelings. I call it a radar because believe me, it's very unusual for someone to sense someone's emotion very well. Well for my case anyway.

"What's gotten you upset?" He asks and I shook my heead, not wanting to speak about it.

"Oh, tell me some other time. Anyway, as promised you have to help me." He says as we walk next to each other. Then I see Draco, in a tree. He looked smug and authorative, I hated it. He sees me and his smug face turns into a frown as he sees Cedric with me.I pay him no mind, walking away with Cedric.

"I don't recall a promise?" I said, teasing him. He groans and I chuckle a little. We sit down and I opened my potions book, ignoring him and his dramatics.

"Dianna! You're my only hope!" He dramatically says. I gave him a disgusted look and he grins lazily. I groan, rolling my eyes in the process.

"Fine, Cedric. Any clue about the first task?" I asked, closing my book as I turned to him. He blinks rapidly and I gave him a look of disbelief.

"Are you kiddi—" I was about to hit him with my potions book when Potter approached us. I retreat, glaring at Cedric as he grins. I turn to Potter who was taken aback by my glare.

"What?" I ask, sharply. He looks at Cedric and  I confusedly. I roll my eyes, snapping my fingers on his face.

"Oh...well I was hoping to talk to Cedric...alone?" He says and I continue to glare at him.

"Nevermind. So I found out what the first task is...dragons." he whispers and I cursed, earning a nudge from Cedric. I glared at him and he jumps a little.

"Anyway, I'll best be off. You two seem to have a conversation to continue." Potter says and I gave him a sarcastic smile. I turn to Cedric and gave him a deadpanned look.

"Dragons? How do you expect to tame or slay a dragon? You're a sixth year for Salazar's sake!" I exclaim exhaspheratedly. When Cedric was about to answer, we see students hurrying up to the tree were I saw Draco earlier.

"What in Salazar did he do now." I mutter ftustratingly as I drag Cedric with me. I push everyone away and they let me to the front. My eyes widen and I dropped Cedric's hand as I run to the ferret who I assumed was Draco. Of course it was him, his whole pirate gang was here and there's no way that git would just run away. With hands raised, I stopped Moody's movement—somehow temporarily petrifying him. And with a wand, I transform Draco back into a human. I sighed in relief and let the professor go. Then Professor McGonagall arrives, alarmed.

"My father will hear about this!" Draco shouts at the mad professor threateningly.

"Is that a threat boy—"

"Professor. I believe that's enough." I coldly say as I put a hand on his chest, stopping him. He looks at me then backs away, I detected fear. He huffs, somehow as if remembering that a boy had insulted him.

"I could tell you stuff about your father that will curl your greasy hair!" He shouts one last time.

"Alastor." This time it was Professor McGonagall who reprimanded Professor Moody. She gives me one last thankful nod and I sighed, walking away with Cedric.

...

After brainstorming for about a whole week,Cedric and I had come up with different strategies. But first he had to learn spells from me which we had been doing. He and I were spending so much time together. But even though we did, I didn't know why Draco was always in my head.

"So...how are you and Malfoy? It's weird you're hanging out with me so much." He says. Oh. I glared at the trees, wondering what happened to us too.

"I don't know." I honestly replied. Cedric frowns at me.

"You don't know? I thought you knew everything. Great Diannara Slytherin, the brightest and most powerful witch of her time." He boasts as he grins playfully. As much as I wanted to smile back, I couldn't find myself to do so. And this caused Cedric's to falter.

"My knowledge has it's limitations..." I don't know about true love, relationships—heck I don't even know love at all. Once again, I was here doubting what I was trully capable of because Draco had confused the hell out of me.

"Being that... it's so suffocating sometimes." I start and I feel him stare at me. He doesn't say anything and I took it as a sign to continue.

"You see me...I'm cold, manipulating, cunning and ruthless. Sum it all up, I'm just evil. And I hate the fact that because how I was born made me do that. I'm just hungry for love...I'm driven by power but I'm hungry for love, Ced." I said, and it surprised me how well I managed to keep the tears in my eyes. But I was sure as heck that it was red now.

"I'm not sure what you're saying, Dianna. You're too vague..." he says and I chuckle falsely.

"That's okay. Not a lot of people understands me." It was him, it was just Draco who understood me. Not Blaise who I grew up with. Not even Severus sometimes. Not Daphne whose like a sister to me. And I bet that even my parents did not understand me. I was too complex, a never ending puzzle. But Draco? Oh, he understood me. Like I was the easiest book to read. And I hate that he's not here. I hate him for understanding me more than I do for myself.

I hate that he's all I think about.

----
I'm crushed. Dianna is like so precious.

Random question: what's ur patronus?

Mine is a black mamba